TNT Eggplant Patties

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
Peel and cook til tender 1 large eggplant drain and then mash well stir into the mashed eggplant 1 beaten egg,2-3 Tab flour,1 Tab. melted butter,1tea. salt and some fresh ground black pepper,1 clove crushed garlic,1 tea baking powder, heat skillet with evoo and drop teaspoons of the batter onto the hot skillet fry both sides of patties til golden and done.Great as is, nice dunked into a homemade ranch,

enjoy
kades

Ooooh, sounds yummy. I love eggplant. Bet that would be good with a marinara sauce, too. :yum:

Thanks for sharing, kadesma!

Ooooh, sounds yummy. I love eggplant. Bet that would be good with a marinara sauce, too. :yum:

Thanks for sharing, kadesma!
You're welcome Cheryl, the marinara sounds yummy too will try that next time. and thank you.
kades:yum:

The patties sound great - Thanks!

Here's another eggplant recipe you might want to check out - I've made it many times. It's baked, but is very crispy and tastes like it's fried. First time I made it, I found it too salty, so now I double the breadcrumbs and halve the Parmigiano Reggiano. I also add some dried herbs to the breadcrumbs and use a variety of cheeses on top.
FAUX FRIED EGGPLANT
Faux Fried Eggplant Aubergine) Recipe - Food.com - 59115

Here's another eggplant recipe you might want to check out - I've made it many times. It's baked, but is very crispy and tastes like it's fried. First time I made it, I found it too salty, so now I double the breadcrumbs and halve the Parmigiano Reggiano. I also add some dried herbs to the breadcrumbs and use a variety of cheeses on top.
FAUX FRIED EGGPLANT
Thank you Merstar, this recipe sounds great. I know my gang will love it.
kades

I'm making an eggplant lasagna today and I may have some left over. Hmmm.... Delicious ideas!

Oh, sounds like a good idea for me to use up the last of the eggplant. Cook and mash for later! Be a quick eggplant parmesan cheat.

Yum, Thanks, Ma!

Oh, sounds like a good idea for me to use up the last of the eggplant. Cook and mash for later! Be a quick eggplant parmesan cheat.

Yum, Thanks, Ma!
Welcome PF:)
glad you like it. it's an old recipe but yummy still.
ma

I'm making an eggplant lasagna today and I may have some left over. Hmmm.... Delicious ideas!
Lasagna that sound great. I've never made it. but it would be a great change from all the pasta. Got a recipe?
kades

If my eggplants ever make it past the bugs and critters this year I'm going to give this a shot.
Looks good and easy. My kind of recipe for sure. :D
Thanks.

Lasagna that sound great. I've never made it. but it would be a great change from all the pasta. Got a recipe?
kades
I basically make eggplant lasagne the same way I do with noodles. To prep the eggplant, I slice it, brush with EVOO, and grill for 3-4 minutes each side (or you can put on baking sheet and put in the oven, 400 or so, for 2-3 minutes each side). Assemble the same as you would using pasta. I do the same with zucchini. I do like to add spinach to the ricotta when I make eggplant or zucchini lasagne. Maybe someone has an actual recipe, I just wing it.

Or, try Sir_Lion's dish:

http://www.discusscooking.com/forums/f18/eggplant-and-how-to-prepare-78669-4.html

Peel and cook til tender 1 large eggplant drain and then mash well stir into the mashed eggplant 1 beaten egg,2-3 Tab flour,1 Tab. melted butter,1tea. salt and some fresh ground black pepper,1 clove crushed garlic,1 tea baking powder, heat skillet with evoo and drop teaspoons of the batter onto the hot skillet fry both sides of patties til golden and done.Great as is, nice dunked into a homemade ranch,

enjoy
kades

Sounds wonderful Kadesma :) We have only just started eating eggplant and were looking for some ideas on how to cook with them.

We will certainly be making these next week when I buy more eggplant :)

FAUX FRIED EGGPLANT

Merstar, thank you for this recipe to, another one we will be trying, the more the better :)

Sounds wonderful Kadesma :) We have only just started eating eggplant and were looking for some ideas on how to cook with them.

We will certainly be making these next week when I buy more eggplant :)

Merstar, thank you for this recipe to, another one we will be trying, the more the better :)

You're most welcome!

If my eggplants ever make it past the bugs and critters this year I'm going to give this a shot.
Looks good and easy. My kind of recipe for sure. :D
Thanks.
Zagut,
I hope your eggplants flourish so you can try this. It's so good. And it is easy. Please enjoy.
kades

kades

I printed out a couple of recipes from here for ideas, and am going to wing it. I've peeled and sliced (1/4") and baked the eggplant which were sprinkled with seasoned salt and Italian seasoning.

I'll be working on the rest this morning and am writing it all down.

Roughly, my plan is substituting the eggplant for noodles, using some leftover spaghetti sauce and frying up some hamburger and ground sausage.

Cheeses will be a combo of cottage cheese and egg, plus mozzarella and parm.

Last edited:
I printed out a couple of recipes from here for ideas, and am going to wing it. I've peeled and sliced (1/4") and baked the eggplant which were sprinkled with seasoned salt and Italian seasoning.

I'll be working on the rest this morning and am writing it all down.

Roughly, my plan is substituting the eggplant for noodles, using some leftover spaghetti sauce and frying up some hamburger and ground sausage.

Cheeses will be a combo of cottage cheese and egg, plus mozzarella and parm.
Thanks for the heads up. I like the sound of this and will try putting one together. It's been years since I made lasagna and a veggie one really makes my mouth water.
kades:yum:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom