TNT: Garlicky Broccoli and Kale Stir-Fry

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Piccolina

Executive Chef
A new member Classicalvoice mentioned in the healthy eating forum that he is looking for more ways to eat greens, so I thought I'd post a favourite kale recipe of mine for him and everyone :)

Garlicky Broccoli and Kale Stir-Fry

8 cloves of garlic, peeled and finely sliced

1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil

1 large head of fresh green or purple broccoli, cleaned and chopped into small floret pieces (you can also use cauliflower if you prefer)

1 large bunch of kale or spinach, well cleaned to remove any grit and sand, stems removed and sliced into thin strips

¼ cup of olive packed sun dried tomatoes

1/3 cup of toasted slivered almonds

Kosher or sea salt to taste

In a large frying pan (or you could easily use a wok here) over medium high heat, warm the olive oil and stir in the garlic. Cook it until it is a nice golden brown colour (about 2 minutes). Stir in the broccoli and cook for about 2 minutes (you may need more time if you are using cauliflower, I'd say about 4-5 minutes).

Stir in the kale and cook for 2 more minutes. Add the sun dried tomatoes and stir everything together, add a little more olive oil or the olive from the sun dried tomatoes if you think the greens look too dry. Season to taste, and transfer to a large serving bowl. Garnish with the toasted almond slices and serve immediately.

Serves 6 people as a side dish

~Enjoy~

I think you can throw greens into almost anything. And garlic goes with deep greens (as do sun dried tomatoes!) Your recipe looks great, thanks!

Robo410 said:
I think you can throw greens into almost anything. And garlic goes with deep greens (as do sun dried tomatoes!) Your recipe looks great, thanks!
You're very welcome Robo, if you make it please let me know what you think of it :)

Back
Top Bottom