"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Vegetables

Old 12-28-2005, 08:54 PM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

[quote=Piccolina]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma
Piccolina,
just found your recipe..Will be making them today, since I have everything I need..These look delicious..I usually make them like Licia does, but, this will be a nice change and give me another way to serve mushrooms..Thank you You're very welcome Kadesma, they are a fav of mine for sure. I really hope you enjoy them - let us know what you think of these stuffed mushrooms afterwards
Yikes I forgot to write you...I made the mushrooms and they were delicious..In fact the kids have asked me to make them some for New Years Eve...They loved them and so did I..Thanks..

kadesma

Old 12-29-2005, 02:41 AM   #12
Executive Chef

Send a message via AIM to Piccolina Send a message via MSN to Piccolina Send a message via Yahoo to Piccolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma
Yikes I forgot to write you...I made the mushrooms and they were delicious..In fact the kids have asked me to make them some for New Years Eve...They loved them and so did I..Thanks
I am so happy to hear that, Kadesma You're more than welcome - happy holidays to you and all of your family!

"The most indispensable ingredient of all good home cooking: love, for those you are cooking for" ~ Sophia Loren
Piccolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 02:20 AM   #13
Executive Chef

We are going to a party for New Years, I think I will borrow kadesma's idea and make these! Thanks again!
Old 12-30-2005, 05:03 AM   #14
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
I made this last night and we both loved it!! I added a bit of breadcrumbs with parmigiano for the topping, it added an extra crunch!! What a great idea, this will be yet another of our favourite mushroom recipes!!
Old 12-30-2005, 05:19 AM   #15
Executive Chef

Send a message via AIM to Piccolina Send a message via MSN to Piccolina Send a message via Yahoo to Piccolina
Quote:
Originally Posted by urmaniac13
I made this last night and we both loved it!! I added a bit of breadcrumbs with parmigiano for the topping, it added an extra crunch!! What a great idea, this will be yet another of our favourite mushroom recipes!!
Good idea with the bread crumbs licia, sort of reminds me of topping mussels...When I want to get "s****y" I love using brioche crumbs in place of the usual ones in breaded toppings, I bet they'd be wonderful here too. I'll have to give that a try, thanks for the idea, girl!

"The most indispensable ingredient of all good home cooking: love, for those you are cooking for" ~ Sophia Loren
Old 12-30-2005, 05:28 AM   #16
Executive Chef

Brioche!! Yummy!! And they do produce lots of crumbs as we scarf down on them, we will have to keep a clean mini broom on the table to collect them for this purpose (however Napoleone may not be happy about it... it has been his job to clean up the crumbs!!...well we will save him some extra peanuts instead!!)....
Old 12-30-2005, 05:40 AM   #17
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by urmaniac13
Brioche!! Yummy!! And they do produce lots of crumbs as we scarf down on them, we will have to keep a clean mini broom on the table to collect them for this purpose (however Napoleone may not be happy about it... it has been his job to clean up the crumbs!!...well we will save him some extra peanuts instead!!)....
Awww Napoleone is so super cute!!! What a lucky job he gets to have being your mini Hover vac!

I'd image that you guys can get brioche pretty easily in Itlay, no? I have a hard time finding it here (can you believe that our little town does not have a bakery, just the bakery areas in the grocery stores!), but if I'm adventerous it really isn't all that hard to whip up a batch from scratch for special occasions. Lol, I usually have a bread crumb collection in the cupboard (in plastic zip lock bags) from a few different types of bread (and sometimes pound cakes), which can be handy for all sorts of things.

Old 12-30-2005, 05:53 AM   #18
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piccolina
Awww Napoleone is so super cute!!! What a lucky job he gets to have being your mini Hover vac!

I'd image that you guys can get brioche pretty easily in Itlay, no? I have a hard time finding it here (can you believe that our little town does not have a bakery, just the bakery areas in the grocery stores!), but if I'm adventerous it really isn't all that hard to whip up a batch from scratch for special occasions. Lol, I usually have a bread crumb collection in the cupboard (in plastic zip lock bags) from a few different types of bread (and sometimes pound cakes), which can be handy for all sorts of things.
Yes, we always get huge loaves of Brioche from Lidl, they are soooo good, the scary thing is that they taste soooo "light" therefore we just keep munching on them but in reality they are so NOT LIGHT at all!! (If you have a chance to go out to a bigger place that has Aldi, try there... they are very similar to Lidl, both from germany... you will find lots of great bargains aside from the possibility of finding brioche!!)
We tried to make it once with our breadmaker, the flavour was spot on but it came out on a dense side, it didn't get that wonderful fluffy texture... if you find a winning recipe, don't forget to let us know!!
Old 02-16-2006, 04:49 PM   #19
Senior Cook

[quote=Piccolina]I love these, I always make them over the holidays and find that they vanish like hot cakes when I serve them to guests. You can easily multiple the recipe as many times as need be. Enjoy

5 tbsp of pesto

Pesto? what is Pesto.. never heard of it
Old 02-16-2006, 04:54 PM   #20
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to kimbaby Send a message via Yahoo to kimbaby
yummy it sounds good...

Tags
None