TNT Tomato Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
I adore tomatoes and when I find recipes for pies,salads, sauces I'm on them right now. This one is tasty. I hope you'll like it.
In a pre-baked pie shell set but not browned. It needs to be cooled. Place 3 thick sliced peeled tomatoes salt and pepper them all then add 2 tab. chopped basil,2 tab. chopped chives, 1 tea.fresh thyme leaves. and 8 slices of crisp fried bacon crumbled. Scatter evenly over tomatoes. In a small bowl mix 1/2 c. mayo with 1 cup grated cheddar cheese. Spread this over the top and then bake at 350 about 20-30 min or til cheese is light brown. and gooey.
enjoy
kades

Looks like a good recipe .

I found some Compari (brand) tomatoes at Costco recently. Otherwise it's many months until we have Real Tomatoes in this neck of the woods. The little grape tomatoes at the store seem to have good tomato flavor too. Then, suddenly, it's like we have tomatoes coming out of our ears. I wish the season was a little more spread out here.

Oh Kades, I can hardly wait for tomato season!! I think I first made this pie about 30 years ago after seeing the recipe in Gourmet Magazine, and it's just wonderful!!

In the past when I haven't had quite enough home grown tomatoes I've added thin sliced zucchini squash to the tomatoes I had and it was wonderful too. What can be better than tomatoes and bacon?

I can hardly wait......thanks for the reminder.

Oh Kades, I can hardly wait for tomato season!! I think I first made this pie about 30 years ago after seeing the recipe in Gourmet Magazine, and it's just wonderful!!

In the past when I haven't had quite enough home grown tomatoes I've added thin sliced zucchini squash to the tomatoes I had and it was wonderful too. What can be better than tomatoes and bacon?

Kay,
zucchini sounds wonderful will give it a try. Thanks,
kades

I am planting tomatoes this year and this looks great! Thanks for the recipe :)

Looks like a good recipe .

I found some Compari (brand) tomatoes at Costco recently. Otherwise it's many months until we have Real Tomatoes in this neck of the woods. The little grape tomatoes at the store seem to have good tomato flavor too. Then, suddenly, it's like we have tomatoes coming out of our ears. I wish the season was a little more spread out here.
I've been finding heirloom tomatoes in the grocery for about 3 weeks now and they are pretty good flavor wise. Wishing you a longer fuller tomatoe season.
kades

There she goes folks. First one step, then the next step, and she is almost in the doorway of the store. Step by step! :ohmy:

The thought of little tomato pies has almost sold it to me :yum:

I have everything for the little tomato pies...I'm thinking of taking them to work with me tomorrow. I'll be in the kitchen if you don't hear back from me.

The thought of little tomato pies has almost sold it to me :yum:
Merlot,
you don't know what you're missing. little pies are wonderful and I dare ya to get one. You won't be sorry. Just think little tomatoe pies YUMMO
kades

I used to find canned diced tomatoes with zucchini. The flavors complement each other very, very well!

Great idea!

As I was unpacking some of the cookbooks, I flipped one open and saw a recipe for green tomato pie....thinking we might have to try that here in the fall.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom