"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Vegetables

Old 09-20-2006, 12:22 AM   #21
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandyj
Quick question about the breadcrumbs in this recipe - should they be made from fresh bread, or stale (I have two half loaves of leftover garlic bread from Sunday which I could put in the blender or grate) or, store bought - I have some with Italian seasoning? This may seem like a silly question to you, but I've noticed quite a difference in how they taste depending on how they started out in the recipe......BTW home computer fried - haven't been able to come to DC in the evenings and on week-ends.
Sorry I'm late getting back to you, had doctor's appointment and then birthday shopping for Cade...
I have used both the store bought and fresh bread crumbs and I really prefer using fresh to the store bought. Just like the texture better.

kadesma

Old 09-20-2006, 12:23 AM   #22
Chef Extraordinaire

quote=Andy M.]This looks delicious! Thanks.[/quote]
Thanks Andy

kadesma

Old 09-20-2006, 12:24 AM   #23
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by shpj4
Thank you for much for the receipe - I will print it out and put it in my large notebook.

It sounds delicious. Thanks again.

Jill and Jolie
Thank you Jill you're very welcome.

kadesma
Old 09-20-2006, 01:20 AM   #24
Senior Cook

Kadesma, how did you know I have tomatoes to use up? This casserole sounds delicious. I'll be making it this week. Thanks so much for the recipe!

Anne
Old 09-20-2006, 10:07 AM   #25
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne
Kadesma, how did you know I have tomatoes to use up? This casserole sounds delicious. I'll be making it this week. Thanks so much for the recipe!

Anne
Hi Anne,
I was peeking Thank you and I hope you enjoy the recipe. We love it and you can change the cheese around if you like. I'm planning to use a cheese I found the other day and see how it tastes.
kadesma
Old 10-09-2006, 10:30 AM   #26
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to urmaniac13 Send a message via Skype™ to urmaniac13
CJ, I made this a couple of days ago and it was such a smashing hit!! It was soooo delicious, I adjusted the amounts for 4 people so we can have the leftover for lunch the next day, well I ended up eating them all!!
I used Toma and Fontina for the cheese, they melted beautifully over the tomatoes!! Next time I would like to add a little taleggio for a bit of tangy flavour, also think smoked provola would give a nice twist too... this will certainly become our semi regular menu, so I will have plenty of occasions for exteriment...

Grazie CJ... you are just too good!!
Old 10-09-2006, 06:08 PM   #27
Executive Chef

Cant wait to try it.Believe it or not Im still getting tomatoes in my green house with a little heater.They even are still flowering and making fruit.And its cold out here.Supposed to snow tonight.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:44 PM   #28
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by urmaniac13
CJ, I made this a couple of days ago and it was such a smashing hit!! It was soooo delicious, I adjusted the amounts for 4 people so we can have the leftover for lunch the next day, well I ended up eating them all!!
I used Toma and Fontina for the cheese, they melted beautifully over the tomatoes!! Next time I would like to add a little taleggio for a bit of tangy flavour, also think smoked provola would give a nice twist too... this will certainly become our semi regular menu, so I will have plenty of occasions for exteriment...

Grazie CJ... you are just too good!!
Licia,
Glad you tried the recipe. Now I'll try it again using some different cheeses..I have a few tomatoes left, then I suppose I'll have to make do with Roma's from the grocery store. Should be okay though Roma's are so good when roasted or cooked

kadesma
Old 10-09-2006, 07:47 PM   #29
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmcgrew
Cant wait to try it.Believe it or not Im still getting tomatoes in my green house with a little heater.They even are still flowering and making fruit.And its cold out here.Supposed to snow tonight.
We really like this recipe and I hope you will too. I've got a few tomatoes left that I picked and brought in before it rained the other day. What are left out there are not going to make it,unless I get myself busy and go pick the rest...Chances are I have some mildew now so we shall see.
kadesma

Tags
None