Tomato Pie Three:)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
1-homemade crust or a frozen one or even a pillsbury one...:)
Homemade crust.
1-1/2c. a/p flour
1/4 tea. salt
6 Tab. butter, frozen
1-egg
3-Tab sour cream
place flour and salt in f/p and pulse to sift. Cut butter into 12 pieces and add to flour. Use a quick on off pulse to cut butter into flour til it looks like coarse meal, In seperate bowl mix egg and sour cream. Add to dough in f/p and pulse til a ball forms. Wrap and reffrigerate about 1 hour. Roll out dough and place in a 9 inch tart pan with a removable rim or bottom. Bake in a pre-heated oven of 400 for 15 min or til golden, cool and reduce oven temp to 375
Filling:
4-5 med. tomatoes, sliced 1/4 in thick1/4 tea. salt
1-1/2 Tab. dijon mustard or your favorite mustard
3/4lb. gruyere or swiss cheese, grated
1-2 Tab of mixed fresh herbs, (basil,marjoram,thyme,rosemary) or a combo of your favorites
3-Tab. parmesan cheese freshly grated
2-Tab. olive oil
Place tomatoes on rack and sprinkle with salt and let drain 10 min. Then blot with paper towel..Paint bottom of your crust with the mustard and scatter the gruyere or swiss cheese over the bottom. Aggange tomato slice attractively on top of cheese. Season with pepper and parmesan. Mince your herbs and sprinkle over tart..Drizzle with olive oil. Bake 25 minutes or til top is lightly brown...
Enjoy:)
kadesma

This one sounds good too!!!! I'm going to find my recipe for a thyme and sour cream crust and then I'm going to somehow combine all 3 of the recent tomato pies into one that will knock your socks off!!!! Or at least get some oooohs and aaahhs at dinner. :mrgreen:

jkath said:
This makes my tummy growl! I am a huge user of pillsbury crusts, kadesma!
I use Pilsbury crusts too..Although I've been trying my hand at homemade when I'm not being acosted by lttle kids hanging onto my pant leg:ROFLMAO: I use to be afraid of baking and pie crusts but they are fun and a challenge when you can just get in and enjoy the kitchen without little hands helping you:LOL: Then again, it's so satisfying to teach them how to make cookies..Cade is now learning how to knead bread and really knocks the heck out of it.:LOL:
kadesma

kitchenelf said:
This one sounds good too!!!! I'm going to find my recipe for a thyme and sour cream crust and then I'm going to somehow combine all 3 of the recent tomato pies into one that will knock your socks off!!!! Or at least get some oooohs and aaahhs at dinner. :mrgreen:
Keep us posted Elf, I'd love to have my socks knocked off :ROFLMAO:
kadesma:-p

Back
Top Bottom