Tuna Stuffed Tomatoes TNT

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
This is so good in summer sitting around the pool watching the kids swim and play, I love it with iced tea, the others like a nice glass of shilled white wine slices of toasted french bread and butter along with prociutto wrapped sweet juicy melon.
Take 4 tomatoes slice off tops and scoop out pulp and seeds put upside down on paper towels for about 20 min. Take 1 7oz can of tuna in oil and drain. Place drained tuna in med. bowl add some green sauce recipe will follow and 1/2 cup mayo you will need 1/2 cup of green sauce to mix in here now after blending stir in 2-3 tab. of capers. Taste adjuste seasoning I add fresh ground pepper Stuff tomatoes and refrigerate for at least 25 min. Garnish with a few more capers.This will serve 4 I often triple it for my gang.
Here is the green sauce
Remove the crust from 1 clice of white bread. Tear bread into pieces and put in small bowl. Pour 2 Tab. vinegar or lemon juice. let stand 10 min then put in blender or f/p Add 2 cups fresh parsley, 2 cloves garlic 4 anchovies 1 Tab. capers and 1/2 cup evoo,salt and pepper to taste. process til smoth Refrigerate but serve at room temp this will make 3/4 cup you will need 1/2 cup of this sauce
enjoy
kadesma:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom