Vegetable Tian

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

marmalady

Executive Chef
VEGETABLE TIAN
1 eggplant
1 zuchini
1 yellow squash
1 large tomato
1 onion
2 cloves garlic
Olive oil
salt/pepper
1 tsp. fresh thyme

Preheat oven to 375.

Slice eggplant crosswise in 1/2 inch slices; brush with oil and place on baking sheet; sprinkle with salt. Roast for 25 minutes,till edges are starting to brown.
Saute onion/garlic/thyme in olive oil til soft and beginning to brown.
Oil a shallow gratin dish, scrape onion/garlic onto bottom of dish. Layer slices of eggplant,squash,tomato,and zucchini, slightly overlapping each other at about a 60 degree angle. Pack the veggies in pretty tightly and fill in any bare spots at the end. Sprinkle with olive oil,salt/pepper and topping, if desired. Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour 15 minutes, when juices are bubbling at edges of pan.
Variations: Use eggplant, tomato, feta, and Kalamata olives.

That sounds so delicious, I would tuck into with a fresh loaf of rustic bread of a bowl of long grain (or brown) rice. Thank-you for posting this all veggie recipe, Marmalady :)

I think I'm going to make this next weekend, with the inclusion of some bell peppers. I love how they compliment eggplant and zucchini with that hint of natural sweetness. I agree, I can't get enough of all the fresh veggies and fruit that in the stores right now! (Especially strawberries and blueberries! Yum :))

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom