Veggie dish for 22

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One more idea using peas...I saute sliced mushrooms til the liquid is gone and the mushrooms start to lightly brown, then I toss in peas and more butter..This is a must every Thanksgiving they are wonderful and don't over power anything yet taste yummy.
kadesma:)

I do a green bean dish, that goes completely no matter how much of it I make. I can't give you definite quanties, but if you're a cook you'll be able to figure it out. Boil green beans until tender. Drain well. Mix with 2 or 3 different kinds of crackers, some cold pressed, aged cheddar cheese....one we get here in Toronto, Ont. is "Imperial" its comes in a red and black round container....anyway to go on.....add a bit of garlic powder, if you like throw in some Cheez Whiz...not necessary....Mix all together and put into a lightly buttered pyrex;bake at low temp until all the cheese is melted. Absolutely deelish!!!

One of my former co-workers did a root vegetable gratin dish using Matzo. I don't remember how he did it, but just throwing that idea out there as another option for dishes that use some type of breadcrumb or cracker mixture.

GB, you have received some great suggestions...I would start with couscous and add herbs and vegetables. Couscous is so easy and not expensive. I'd probably end up with a variation on Yakuta's suggestion, using couscous instead of rice.

I made the Rosemary Peas with Pine Nuts and it was an overwhelming success. Multiple people accosted me for the recipe and would not let me leave until I gave it up. It was the hit of the night. Thank you all for your suggestions and input!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom