Vidalia® Onions Are Coming

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As I was flipping through May's Southern Living today, I saw a Vidalia onion recipe that I have got to try. It is a Rustic Vidalia Onion Tart (I think that's right). Anyway, the recipe basically just calls for a pre-made pie crust, sauteed Vidalia onions, and gruyere cheese. Then the sides of the crust are folded up to form a rustic tart shell and then baked. What could be better---Vidalia onions and gruyere cheese??? Has anyone already done this?
We've had it a long time ago..Very good, rich and cheesey.
kadesma

Here's another great way to serve any sweet onion.
Alternate slices of the onion with sliced oranges (or orange supremes if you want to be fancy) on a plate. Drizzle with EVOO and a little salt and fresh ground pepper. Makes a terrific and different salad.

Slice 'em thick (an inch or so), brush with olive oil, salt and pepper, then grill them right alongside your steak--just until they have nice grill marks and are a little soft.

A bite of onion, a bite of steak--life is good.

Here's another great way to serve any sweet onion.
Alternate slices of the onion with sliced oranges (or orange supremes if you want to be fancy) on a plate. Drizzle with EVOO and a little salt and fresh ground pepper. Makes a terrific and different salad.
Laury,
delicious sounding and will try on the 4th for our family get together. Thanks fo sharing.
kadesma:)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom