What are your favourite olives?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cooking Goddess, stuffed with ALMONDS???? OMG that sounds amazing. I'm going to make that a TO DO.

PF, Murray does NOT get the rest of the olive, only the pimento. I'm greedy that way. I'll transfer some pix from my phone to the computer ASAP and post one of the beastie boy. He just went completely, moronicly NUTS out on the deck. I think he can feel the thunderstorm coming.

Janet, I love the ones with the garlic cloves inside. I eat way too many of those though and end up smelling like I'm a pickled garlic clove!

@ all the cat owners here, do your cats all like olive brine, or pickle brine? We had a siamese that went mental for olive brine when I was a kid and I thought it was just that he was a freak. I discovered recently that my other cats really like it too!

Alix, just first cat Midnight liked playing with the olive, mostly knocking it around and rubbing her chin on it. LittleBit, our now kitty, doesn't like any olive, black or green.

I love any green olives that are not salty or vinegary. Unfortunately, it's hard to find such olives.

If you live near a Trader Joe's, you can find Trader Joe's brand Pitted Kalamata Olives, which are not salty or vinegary. They are packed in olive oil and water and a little salt.

Divina olives are wonderful. They are packed in olive oil and are not salty or vinegary.

I used to buy olives from shopolives.com that were excellent, although the company seems to have suspended operations (I have heard they'll be back).

I love the queen green olives with pits. They are firm with great flavor. They can be difficult to find around here.

Back
Top Bottom