"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Vegetables

Old 06-05-2013, 02:23 AM   #51
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
If you ever run across green olives stuffed with almonds you should try them! I remember my Mom putting them out in the relish tray every Thanksgiving and Christmas. I thought they were wonderful! Haven't seen them for years. Just went looking for them online and found an Epicurious recipe to make them at home. Some day, perhaps, I'll try...
We sell them at the deli. I can mail you a jar if there are any in stock.

Old 06-05-2013, 02:45 AM   #52
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklobster View Post
We sell them at the deli. I can mail you a jar if there are any in stock.
Aw, thanks so much! But it's probably cheaper to try and make them at home. It's been so many decades since I've had them that I really don't remember what they taste like except for "good". Plus it would be fun to say I made them myself. (Geez, now I sound like a 5 year old. )

Old 06-05-2013, 07:38 AM   #53
Executive Chef

No probs. I was kinda kidding anyway. Not sure a glass jar would get there in one piece. Here is the brand we carry. Lots to choose from. Available in the US also. Stuffed Olives | Olive-it and more!
Old 06-05-2013, 08:30 AM   #54
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
I'm an unpitted kalamata girl. I am not picky though. I'll eat nearly every olive that crosses my path. I really dislike pimento though so Murray scores whenever I eat olives stuffed with pimento.
Murray the Pimento Pup! Lol...I can just see him sitting there waiting for each little piece with his eyes twinkling and a grin. Haven't had a pic of Murray lately...how does he do with the rest of the olive?
Old 06-05-2013, 10:59 AM   #55
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
I love almost all olives. Kalamata are the ones I always make sure to have at home. I tried a variety of North African olives and a couple of them were too bitter for my liking.

Stirling doesn't like olives enough to munch them, but he likes them enough to cook with them.

I had a friend who would give an olive or three to her cat after clipping her claws. The cat liked them enough that she would meow and offer her paw to get some.
Old 06-05-2013, 02:22 PM   #56
Certifiable Executive Chef

Site Administrator

Quote:
If you ever run across green olives stuffed with almonds you should try them! I remember my Mom putting them out in the relish tray every Thanksgiving and Christmas. I thought they were wonderful! Haven't seen them for years. Just went looking for them online and found an Epicurious recipe to make them at home. Some day, perhaps, I'll try...

This reminds me - I LOVE big green olives stuffed with garlic cloves - they get pickled right along with the olive and are wonderful!
Old 06-05-2013, 05:37 PM   #57
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Murray the Pimento Pup! Lol...I can just see him sitting there waiting for each little piece with his eyes twinkling and a grin. Haven't had a pic of Murray lately...how does he do with the rest of the olive?
Our first cat loved pimento olives. One dropped on the floor once and she chased it until the pimento fell out, then looked for a treat because, apparently, she killed the evil intruder and deserved a reward.
Old 06-05-2013, 06:16 PM   #58
Head Chef

Quote:
and she chased it until the pimento fell out, then looked for a treat because, apparently, she killed the evil intruder and deserved a reward.
LOL------ Cats! Ya gotta love 'em.
(Watch Simon's Cat on YouTube.)
Old 06-05-2013, 06:42 PM   #59
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by cave76 View Post
LOL------ Cats! Ya gotta love 'em.
(Watch Simon's Cat on YouTube.)
Oh I do! Every time I feel a little bit like GrumpyCat I watch Simon and giggle my way right out of my crabbies. What's really scary is how much OUR cat behaves like Simon's.
Old 06-05-2013, 06:46 PM   #60
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom View Post
although with red oversalted floating in cheap butter lobster, and outback dried out, overspiced, greasy fried steakhouse, you ain't missin' nothin'.
I agree. I'd rather eat an egg salad sandwich @ home then "dine" at any of those place. And do!

We are fed by a food industry which pays no attention to health, and healed by a health industry that pays no attention to food - Wendell Berry
Zereh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
None