What is with the price of onions?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On a related but different note, has anyone else noticed the jump in price for green bell peppers?

The normal price we see is $0.99 per pound. They are up to $2.89 per pound! I passed on them last week.

And red ones are up to $4.69 if you can find them. There was none in Rainbow the other day when I went shopping.

On a related but different note, has anyone else noticed the jump in price for green bell peppers?

The normal price we see is $0.99 per pound. They are up to $2.89 per pound! I passed on them last week.
Yah I notices that as well.

unless they are to be stuffed, i use frozen in a bag ones. assortment of colors. just thaw and then use however you like. had some in a salad last night. can't always use fresh ones for me, before they go bad. don't remember the price off hand. but is better than discarding because they are rotten. :chef:[/QUOTE]
I buy the bags of frozen multi colored peppers and onion. I add them to soups, stews and stir fries ect. Just grab out what you need and throw the bag back in the freezer. I only buy fresh when they are not going to be cooked.

Back on the hi-jacked theme, I just paid $ 1.39 for a 14 oz. can of tomatoes!! I guess I will just have to stop eating.......:(

Makes me happy I'm not going grocery shopping this week. Last week was sorrowful, I've never seen my food budget go so fast and have so little to put away when I got home.

Back
Top Bottom