Grape
There you go GB. Grape popcorn.

Old 01-20-2006, 09:00 PM   #42
Head Chef

Send a message via MSN to BigDog Send a message via Yahoo to BigDog
Quote:
Originally Posted by mudbug
(use = bowling ball)
Hadn't thought of that. Thanks for the idea!

Old 01-20-2006, 09:20 PM   #43
Head Chef

I haven't tried the purple or the yellowish-orange cauliflower yet. They are hard to find in my area. Have seen them down in Phoenix when I visit my daughters. Broccoflower is good but not as good as cauliflower, IMO. Love the color for a veggie relish tray though!!
Old 01-20-2006, 11:24 PM   #44
Certified Pretend Chef

OK, pickles. I do eat pickled cauliflower. Mom and dad used to put up gallons of home made pickled vegetables every fall - green tomatos, carrots, cauliflower, green peppers, etc. We couldn't wait until Thanksgiving to open the first bottle. The pickled cauliflower was one of my favorites. It had the best crunch and did not taste of cauliflower at all.
Old 01-21-2006, 06:38 AM   #45
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M.
Sizzles:

I noticed from the "Food You Wouldn't Put In Your Mouth" thread that you don't care for frogs legs or fried caterpillers. Try this:

"But try steaming it for a quick few minutes, then put in an oven proof bowl, in another bowl, mix, cream, milk butter and gruyere cheese, pour on top of the frogs legs and fried caterpillers, sprinkle bread crumbs and put in the oven on very hot for 7 to 10 mins.Serve with whatever your hear desires."
I get the point Andy. I was only posting a cauliflower recipe.
Old 01-21-2006, 09:56 AM   #46
Certified Pretend Chef

Sizzles:

That wasn't meant to be nasty. It was my attempt at making a point with humor. I apologize if it offended you.

Andy M.
Old 01-21-2006, 09:56 AM   #47
Senior Cook

Please don't take me wrong here, I do not consider my cooking as a "can bottle and jar" kind of cook But with Cauliflower I like it steamed then heat a can of Campbell's Cheddar Cheese soup straight out of the can and pour it over the top. Q&E

http://froogle.google.com/froogle_cluster?q=Campbell's+Cheddar+Cheese&oid=12 80212379276781270&btnG=Search+Froogle&oi=froogler& lmode=&addr=&scoring=p&hl=en
Old 01-21-2006, 11:12 AM   #48
Head Chef

We found this when we were doing the South Beach diet and actually had a microwave. Not so anymore and we really miss this dish...

Head of cauliflower - stem removed.
Place in microwave safe bowl and add water until about 1/4 of the way up the head.
In a bowl, mix together 1 cup mayonaise, a good portion of mustard (either yellow or dijon) and horseradish.
Smear mixture over head of cauliflower, cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 8 - 10 minutes or until fork tender to the core. The topping will brown slightly ...

oh so good!
:)
Old 01-21-2006, 11:24 AM   #49
Head Chef

Oh! I'm not sure if it was mentioned or not but soup!! There are a ton of good recipes out there ... we use the one from the "Joy of Cooking" and add shredded cheddar to the tops when served. Perfect for a cold day!
Old 01-21-2006, 03:32 PM   #50
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M.
Sizzles:

That wasn't meant to be nasty. It was my attempt at making a point with humor. I apologize if it offended you.

Andy M.
No worries,I am sorry too, I probably took it without humour after a night of not much sleep with my son up all night coughing a lot that he could'nt sleep much. Not a good excuse really. Anyway, Friends?!I do hope so Andy M.I would cook you a great meal without cauliflower to make up if you were in switzerland!

Tags
None