"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Vegetables

Old 10-12-2006, 04:18 PM   #81
Chief Eating Officer

Now I know you are Scottish

No I do not think that is out of the question at all. I think it would be great.
I have tempura cauliflower all the time and that is excellent as well.

Old 10-13-2006, 10:35 PM   #82
Cook

This is my easy Cauliflower, my husband and son like this and they are not ones to compliment i was suprised when they said it was great.
Slice Cauliflower about 1/2 in thick, Saute some Olive oil and Garlic a little and add Cauliflower slices, Saute till tender and a little brown or carmalized, add some stewed tomatoes, chunky or blend them up if you like, add salt and curry to taste, cook down the tomatoes till you like the consistency.
Add Italian spices instead if your doing Italian food.

Old 10-14-2006, 07:19 AM   #83
Executive Chef

Simply boil it and serve with lemon juice and olive oil Another easy recipe is to chop a few cloves of garlic, cut cauliflower in florets, slice carrot thinly and then stir-fry with a sprinkling of soya sauce and pepper. Serve it with plain rice.
Old 10-14-2006, 10:41 AM   #84
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
I had some cauliflower left over from the dinner I did lon Wednesday, so last night I steamed it and then sauced it with some of the yummy Marinara Sauce I made last weekend. Grated Parmigiano Reggiano on top and put it on a bed of sautéed dandelion greens. It made a great veggie dinner! I'll do that again!
Old 10-14-2006, 11:29 AM   #85
Cook

Now the days are getting shorter and colder, I like my (steamed) cauliflower with a nice creamy béchamel or cheese sauce along some steamed potato's and a good pork sausage.
Old 10-14-2006, 01:54 PM   #86
Executive Chef

Send a message via MSN to kimbaby Send a message via Yahoo to kimbaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hades
Now the days are getting shorter and colder, I like my (steamed) cauliflower with a nice creamy béchamel or cheese sauce along some steamed potato's and a good pork sausage.
this sounds so warming... I love cauliflower its one of my faves.
I also like Janet's idea as well
Old 10-14-2006, 08:10 PM   #87
Head Chef

I dislike cauliflower a lot and would never buy it yet use it some recipe.

Jill and Jolie
shpj4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2006, 10:13 PM   #88
Head Chef

I like cauliflower in nearly any form, but most often just steam it and add some good soy sauce. I never tire of it!
Old 10-15-2006, 12:04 AM   #89
Senior Cook

Send a message via MSN to SpiritWolf Send a message via Yahoo to SpiritWolf
Thumbs up

Andy. you obviously dont know the meaning of experimenting, My kids and I love cauliflower baked with cheese, a good melting cheese, its sooo yummm, just put it in the oven or grill and bake for 30 mins or so, depending on your oven, and keep an eye on the cheese, you dont want it to burn, you may have to boil the cauli for 5 mins, just to soften it first, I think you will enjoy, make sure you season with your fav, seasonings is a must, just do what you love and enjoy. Another way to enjoy Cauli is to do a cream cheese sauce, that is wonderful as well, sooo yuuummm. Just cook Cauli and pour over the cream cheese sauce, you will enjoy, just remember your seasonings once again.
Old 10-15-2006, 10:22 AM   #90
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWolf
Andy. you obviously dont know the meaning of experimenting, My kids and I love cauliflower baked with cheese, a good melting cheese, its sooo yummm, just put it in the oven or grill and bake for 30 mins or so, depending on your oven, and keep an eye on the cheese, you dont want it to burn, you may have to boil the cauli for 5 mins, just to soften it first, I think you will enjoy, make sure you season with your fav, seasonings is a must, just do what you love and enjoy. Another way to enjoy Cauli is to do a cream cheese sauce, that is wonderful as well, sooo yuuummm. Just cook Cauli and pour over the cream cheese sauce, you will enjoy, just remember your seasonings once again.

Experimenting!!!???

To do what?

Find new and different ways to HIDE the flavor of a vegetable I dislike! There are over 80 posts in this thread. Go back and read them to discover all the great stuff people add to cauliflower hide the taste!

Macaroni and cheese, sausage, cream cheese sauce, curry, garlic, a good melting cheese, olive oil, bacon, wild rice, etc, etc,etc.

As I said in an earlier post in this thread, I eat my vegetables steamed with the addition of salt and pepper. That way, I get to enjoy the taste of the vegetable. I cannot eat cauliflower that way. It tastes and smells awful to me.

If I wanted to eat Macaroni and cheese, sausage, cream cheese sauce, curry, garlic, a good melting cheese, olive oil, bacon, wild rice, etc, etc,etc., I'd eat them. I would not add a vegetable I dislike to them.

Do not assume I have not experimented. Can't you accept that some people just don't agree your tastes for different foods?

Tags
None