What To Do With My Taters?!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mugsy27

Sous Chef
hey guys..im having grilled steak tonight (ribeyes) and have some red skin potatos.

any ideas what to do with them?? i can mash them as a last resort, but im kinda tired of that.

any and all suggestions are welcome!! :chef:

Boil them until just tender, cut into bite-size pieces, & toss with your favorite vinegarette-type salad dressing while still warm for a quick "warm potato salad".

I would halve or quarter them, depending on size, then place the taters on foil. Season to taste with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, maybe some thyme and rosemary, then wrap it all up, and cook on the coals when you cook your steaks. You'll need the taters off to the side, so the steaks can cook over the coals without the foil packet interferring.

do what allen said, but use dried onion and garlic bits, instead of powder.

you can use your oven too. just drizzle with evoo, and pop under the broiler at the last minute to get extra crispy.

One way I like to fix them is just boil them whole and in the skins for a few minutes until they start to cook but aren't cooked through, take out and let cool, cut in half, and then fry in some butter until golden brown. Add any seasoning you choose. A little parmesan cheese added on at the end is always good and is great with a cesar salad.

My mom cuts them up into small cubes and sautees (sp?) them in a large skillet with chopped onion. I add minced garlic too. Sautee with olive oil, spice with salt and pepper, garnish with a bit of parsely. Delicious.

Back
Top Bottom