Here's something I came up with in the Amoretti Test Kitchen that everyone loved:
Roasted Corn and Arugula Salad with Blue Cheese Crumbles
• 2 cups of corn kernels
• 2 Tbs molasses balsamic vinegar
• 4 Tbs extra-virgin olive oil
• ½ tsp whole grain mustard
• Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
• 6 cups arugula
• 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
• ¼ cup crumbled blue cheese
Pre-heat a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. Spread the kernels in the dry skillet and allow them to brown on one side, then stir and allow to brown and stir again until cooked but still crisp. Set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil and mustard. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Toss the arugula with the dressing, sprinkle with the corn and tomatoes and toss again. Garnish with blue cheese crumbles and serve.