what veggies don't you like?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
pdswife1 said:
olives(green & black)and sour kraut. I'm married to a Greek so I have to pretend to like olives once in awhile, lol .

Do you eat Reuben Sandwiches? They have kraut on them. I love it with potatoes and sausage but my stomach can't handle too much. Supposedly good for stomach. Someone I know drinks the juice. Has to do it.

Most all vegetables are fine with me, but I too stay away from canned. I do use frozen, but definitely prefer fresh when available locally - not the so-called fresh from gosh knows where in the supermarkets (like off season corn on the cob.) The only veggie I don't eat much of is turnips. We grow them in our garden, but I find them too strong to eat alone. I will add them to boiling potatoes for about the last 15 min. of cooking time and then just mash them along with the potatoes. Gives a nice boost to plain old mashed potatoes and also sneaks in another vegatable. During the harvest season for the turnips, I clean, peel, cut up, and put in freezer bags. Then, all Winter, I can just take out some whenever I want to add to potatoes.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom