What's Your Favorite Way of Preparing Potatoes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Poll - What's Your Favorite Way of Preparing Potaoes?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
OK - the question was: what's your favorite way to PREPARE potatoes. I choose Baked out of pure laziness. If the question had been, what's your favorite way to EAT potatoes, my answer would have been different. :rolleyes: I love scalloped & au gratin potatoes & mashed potatoes. I don't necessarily love the work that's involved in making them! :)

Gerrycooks said:
Doesn't anyone remember twice baked potatoes? They are my favorite served with prime rib. don't forget to add the garlic and cheese to the whipped potaotes.
I alos like oven roasted red skins with garlic, olive oil, rosemary and grated Parmesan.
Sure do Gerry! I make these every now and again as a special treat! I really like them with oodles of little broccoli pieces and cheese sauce - a TNT that was handed down by my wonderful Grandma :)

After yesterday's whopping success, and thanx to jkath, now I have to add mojo potatoes (originally of Shakey's pizza parlor) to my favourite spud recipes!!

img_184381_0_c4bbf13e29abf5c4f8c3851226da761b.jpg

Those look great Licia! :chef:

I've never been to Shakey's pizza, it must be an American chain? (Lol, in fact the only other time I've heard of Shakey's was in an episode of South Park :LOL:) But I've had mojo potatoes before, and boy are they fantastic! I bet your's tasted way better than the store bought ones though!

Hey you wouldn't be missing anything if you can make this right at your kitchen, even if you never make it to Shakey's!! Their pizzas are nothing special to be honest, but the potatoes were the definete star!! And yes you are right, the batch we made was the best ever mojo's!!:mrgreen:

Shakey's Mojo Potatoes

6 large Idaho baking potatoes
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
2 teaspoons thyme
Salt and pepper
About 1/2 cup milk
Vegetable oil (for frying)

Bake potatoes at 425 degrees F for about 1 hour and 15 minutes. Let cool.

Cut each potato into 6 (1/4-inch) rounds.

Heat oil to 375 degrees F.

Stir together the flour, cayenne, thyme, salt and pepper to taste. Dip each potato wedge into the milk and then dredge thoroughly in the seasoned flour mixture. Deep fry wedges without overcrowding for about 1 1/2 minutes until crisp and golden. Drain on paper towels and serve.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom