What's Your Favorite Way of Preparing Potatoes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Poll - What's Your Favorite Way of Preparing Potaoes?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mish

Washing Up
Mashed
Baked
Fried (French Fries, Home Fries, Hashbrowns)
Casserole (Scalloped, Au Gratin)
Stuffed
Gnocchi/Dumplings/Pancakes
Soup (Vichyssoise, etc.)
Potato Salad
Loaded (Baby, gimme some skins)
Mr. Potato Head/Other

Last edited:
I love a good baked potato... with butter,salt and lots of bacon bits. I love the skins to be semi-hard and crunchy.

But my all time favorite are potatoes roasted with a leg of lamb so that the lamb juices get sucked up inside... then I sprinkle them with olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper and a little bit of Orengano. :chef::):):):chef:

pdswife said:
I love a good baked potato... with butter,salt and lots of bacon bits. I love the skins to be semi-hard and crunchy.

But my all time favorite are potatoes roasted with a leg of lamb so that the lamb juices get sucked up inside... then I sprinkle them with olive oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper and a little bit of Orengano. :chef::):):):chef:

You're killing me, pds :LOL: When is dinner? Low carb diet - forget it. And I love those little red potatoes with herbs, garlic & evoo - or hollowed out and stuffed with pesto, etc., etc., etc. :) Yummy.

mish said:
You're killing me, pds :LOL: When is dinner? Low carb diet - forget it. And I love those little red potatoes with herbs, garlic & evoo - or hollowed out and stuffed with pesto, etc., etc., etc. :) Yummy.

I have one leg of lamb left in the freezer.
Dinner will be served as soon as we get home from
Mexico.:)

We love potatoes in many ways, mashed with parmigiano, gnocchi, pierogies, boxties, different kinds of potato pancakes, sautèed with garlic, bell pepper and onion, salad, variations of casserole/au gratin etc... but the one we make most often is oven roasted with evoo, rosemary and salt. Delicious with so many things!!

Baby potatoes, halved, roasted with EVOO, salt, fresh thyme and garlic until the outside is slightly crunchy. Sprinkle lightly with fresh parmesan when done. mmmmm I could eat them every night.

Baked with a crispy skin with some Hidden Valley (the mix with buttermilk and mayo, not the bottled stuff).

Lightly mashed (more mushed, with some chunks) with horseradish. Hold the gravey.

Diced and "fried" with onion and peppers and mushrooms or whatever else is handy. Add a scrambled egg to the mix for bonus points!

Once in blue moon au gratin (love it, just not a healthy way for me to eat very often!)

And in soups. Vichyssoise is my favorite; simple and classic. I'm not a huge chowder fan, but I will eat it if there's no bacon. Back when I was a carnivore I used to like a German soup named Knefla(sp?) soup which had little dumplings and potatoes and bacon. I make a "tortilla" soup where I skip the chicken and add potatoes instead; and fancy it up with all of the goodies on top. My favorite Minestrone soup has potatoes in it as well.

:heart:
Z

My favorite is mashed/baked potatoes. I scrub the potatoes-Russett baking potatoes(about 6 medium sized), slice them in four pieces each (with the skin on), cook in water until fork tender, add 1/4 cup margarine or butter, 1/2 cup sour cream, bacon bits, 1 cup cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup chives, salt and pepper, to taste. (I sometimes add bits of cooked brocolli to my serving.) Give them a toss to mix all ingredients and mash them to your liking. I like to leave mine chunky so they are more like baked potatoes. You can always add more or less of the ingredients, depending on how saturated with fat you want them. You can go with light margarine and sour cream too. Enjoy!

Dina

ironchef said:
Roasted or Grilled wasn't included in the choices so I voted for fried.

Oops. One of my favorites too. Had a few Blonde moments on this one.

I LOVE potatoes any which way :LOL:

No Atkins diet here...I couldn't handle it!!! Gotta have my taters, pasta and bread!:)

i love all potatoes! they're so versatile and so delicious. i like purple ones the best, just cause they're cute.:-p

I'm not a huge potato fan so I went with Mr. Potato Head. :) I like potatoes, but don't have a preference to how it's prepared.

Mashed, gnocchi, roasted, baked and duchess potatoes top my spud list :) That said a really fab potato based soup like leek and potato is hard to beat when you are chilled to the bone! Cool post Mish!

(I used to play with Mr & Mrs Potato Head all the time as a child, and I always had to resist the urge to put them in the Easy Bake Oven :ROFLMAO: - lol, just kidding!)

Back
Top Bottom