Whipped Sweet Potatoes and Bananas with Honey

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
This is a recipe by Tyler Florence...........

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_35146,00.html

I made it for Thanksgiving and it was such a hit! Its definetely a keeper.

I messed up.....the recipe called for 2 sticks of unsalted butter.....one was to be added to the potato and bananas and the other to the topping.

What I did was mucked up and added the full 2 sticks to the potato & bananas......oh and I used margarine (Imperial) vs. the unsalted butter.

I think the extra margarine was absolutely perfect and i have no plans to eliminate the extra next time......:LOL:

Next time I plan on making 2 dishes of this as it went over so well and went so quickly.

I watched Tyler make this on TV and it looked so good. I am thrilled that you tried it Sizz because I have written this down to try, but getting your first hand experience makes me wat to do it even sooner.

Your very welcome GB. My brother saw it on t.v. too and was thinking about making it and was so happy to see that I had........... I can't tell you how much he and the rest of us truely enjoyed it.

I do want to try it with butternut squash in the future too.....I think it'd be just as good.

I made Tyler's sweet potato/banana dish, too, for Thanksgiving. It gets a two thumbs up from both Buck and me. Delicious. Wonderful combination of flavors.

I think when I make it again, I'll "kick it up a notch" by adding some rum.

Wow I bet the bf would like this !!
Thanks for the link and your opinion
on it Sizz. Makes it easier when you know
someone has tried it and liked it.

Ohhhhhhhhh Katie E........... I think you might be onto something.........I've never purchased rum ...... what would you suggest?

Your very welcome Middie...........you have to try this one!

SizzlininIN said:
Ohhhhhhhhh Katie E........... I think you might be onto something.........I've never purchased rum ...... what would you suggest?

Just what you...I have in the cabinet. I don't think it would be necessary to go out and buy a costly bottle of rum. Only an inexpensive utilitarian kind.

Katie E said:
Just what you...I have in the cabinet. I don't think it would be necessary to go out and buy a costly bottle of rum. Only an inexpensive utilitarian kind.

No rum in the cabinet........??? Bacardi???? thats the only one I can recall ever hearing of.

ironchef said:
Use a dark rum like Myers. It will have a richer flavor than a light rum like the standard Bacardi. Also use butter. It will undoubtably taste better with butter.

Thanks for the input iron!

Your receipe for Whipped Sweet Potatoes and Bananas with Honey sounds great. I must add this to my receipe book.

Thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom