Wild mushrooms

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dragnlaw

Not to worry Sagittarius, everyone who reads these posts benefits from others ideas.

My parents had a place of about 40/60 acres outside of Toronto. They also had a friend who would come out 'during the Chanterelle season' to pick. My mother swore the woman didn't even look, she could just smell them... She would pick a bunch, come back to the house and make the most amazing pie from them. My mom & dad would just die with happy happy happiness.

She was quite a pro, not even sure if she wasn't a professor, think mom told me she had written a book on Chanterelles. Wish I could remember her name. Supposedly quite well known.

I had no idea that the starter of this thread has not been on D.C. since 2013 or so ..

Anyway, back to mushrooms !!

You are right, we do benefit from information and in many cases, just enjoy the posts on the topics one is interested in ..

Havea lovely day ..

Last edited:
My new toy of life.

This thread is the closet I could come to happiness.

I went to PT this morning and was told that my new wheelchair will be there by noon time.

Sure enough, the mechanic wheeled it in. He measured me from head to toe the last time I saw him. He even measured the width of my backside. Today he is my favorite person.

It is real tiny. I sat in it while he made adjustments to accommodate my height. It is so cute and tiny. Looks like a large toy on wheels. But it fits me to a T. No more backaches that bring tears to my eyes. He even slanted the foot rest to the angle I was having to hold my foot.

I am so happy. Monday I go for the cast and then my prosthetic. I can hardly wait. The first thing I will do as soon as I am stable, will be to walk to the bus stop and go down the square to buy me some clothes. I bought one pair of slacks on line. I sort of guessed at the size. . A size 8. Cut and hemmed them with tape. The dang waist is too big for me. I have to go down another size. I will them. I had to cut the legs a bit shorter than I usually do. I will have to learn how to walk with the prosthetic first. And I don't want to be tripping over long pants. Climbing stairs is going to be quite a challenge.

HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY is me!

Addie, I'm glad you are happy with your new wheelchair.

But...just wondering....why would you post this in a 6 year old thread about Wild Mushrooms? :ermm: :LOL:

Addie, I'm glad you are happy with your new wheelchair.

But...just wondering....why would you post this in a 6 year old thread about Wild Mushrooms? :ermm: :LOL:

I know there is a happiness thread somewhere. But I tried using the word "happiness" with other words. I used the search engine at the top of each page. This thread was the closest I could come to happiness.

Right now even though I am ecstatic, I am so tired. I went to PT and did my workout to strengthen my muscle. It wore me out. Just doing five minutes. I ran out of patience real quick looking for the happiness thread. I actually fell asleep sitting in the chair. Nappy time for me.

Good news, Addie. BTW, if your medical descriptions get a bit to authentic for a happy thread (or a dinner thread ;) ), you can keep us up to date on your progress in "The Sick Room" thread. After all, the best part about being sick is the recovery.

Glad to hear that you are so satisfied with your new wheelchair, Addie. Usually, things like that take several trials and a lot of tweaking to get them just right. Hope everything continues in this positive way for you.

Thank you everyone. I spent more time in the hospital last year than I did in my own home. I lost track of the surgeries. I even lost track of time. I was shocked to find that it was already August when they allowed me to come out of the induced coma.

But now it is the happy time. I did my mourning for my leg and all the crying I was going to do. I had a wonderful social worker who wisely brought me through it all.

I have several friends who have also lost a limb. They seem to be doing all right. And I just know, that with determination, I will also. Next month I will be 80 years old. I have the sneaky feeling my daughter is up to something to celebrate. A new leg, a new milestone, a new future. I do know she is going to send for the dynasty kit to follow just how much Native American I have in me. My father was a half breed. Oh how I hate that expression. But that is what he called himself. His two sisters would yell at him for using that expression. After all they had the same blood in them. I recently found out that my uncle who served in WWI was severely discriminated against due to his Native American blood. I asked the VFW where I could find his military records. They kindly sent for them for me, and were rather shocked to find out his heritage. Sure made for some very interesting reading. There is a shopping Square in Eastie named after him.

Back
Top Bottom