Zucchini

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kadesma

Chef Extraordinaire
Moderator Emeritus
We had a friend give us some zuchinni. It was rather large so I cut 5 of them in 1/4's the long way. I don't have any measurments but loved these. I dipped them first in flour, the in beaten eggs I used 3 then they went into bread crumbs mixed with toasted sesame seeds. Then I put them onto a baking tray I'd sprayed with a veggie spray and then I put evoo on the pan threw the pan in a 350 oven and baked the zuchinni til done but still crisp about 25 min. We then dunked them in a ranch dressing
great alone or as we did we had a Phillly cheese steak sammie to go with.
kades:)

That's a lot of work. After cutting them 1/4" thick longways you could have sautéed them in EVOO and butter with some herbs de provencal until caramelized. Then sprinkled with a little s&p. Good stuff and super quick.

That's a lot of work. After cutting them 1/4" thick longways you could have sautéed them in EVOO and butter with some herbs de provencal until caramelized. Then sprinkled with a little s&p. Good stuff and super quick.
I didn't feel it was that much work. I do like your idea and will give it a try. It's just that dh wanted breaded and baked that is why it was fixed this way.
kades

Yum! Zucchini fries! I made a similar recipe last year using panko, Parmesan and a pinch of cayenne. A fun alternative to potato fries, especially when you have zucchini coming out your ears like we normally do! I made zucchini boats last night and stuffed them with a wild rice, Italian sausage and blue cheese mixture.

Yum! Zucchini fries! I made a similar recipe last year using panko, Parmesan and a pinch of cayenne. A fun alternative to potato fries, especially when you have zucchini coming out your ears like we normally do! I made zucchini boats last night and stuffed them with a wild rice, Italian sausage and blue cheese mixture.
Your recipe sounds wonderful I'll have to try making like this. I know my brood would love it. Thanks
kades

Kades, I did What you did ... Cut into "fries", flour thEn egg then into the panko, parm and cayenne mixture. Then into the oven until they were brown and crispy.

Back
Top Bottom