REC-Zucchini pasta

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GrannyG

Cook
Zucchini Pasta

1 package (7 oz.) Angel Hair Pasta or thin spaghetti
2 small zucchini, sliced thin
2 garlic cloves, minced
3 TBSP olive or vegetable oil
1 can (16 oz.) Spanish style tomatoes (Rotel)
1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes

Cook pasta according to directions. I like mine al dente.
In a skillet, saute the garlic,and zucchini in oil until zucchini is crisp
but tender. Add the tomatoes,parsley,oregano,and red pepper
flakes. Heat through. Drain the pasta. Top with zucchini mixture.

I also use this over spaghetti squash, instead of pasta. This is one of our favorite summer recipes. We grow alot of zucchini and yellow squash.

mmmm, sounds great! They are one of my favourite of all vegetables, maybe we'll try this later this week!

We love to just 1/4" slice zucchinis and saute them in a little butter until they're brown on both sides. Add a little salt and pepper... yum!

I love zucchini, one of my favorites.
I love, love , love them fried even though that's not the healthiest way to eat them!

Thanks, Granny, for the zucchini/pasta recipe. I, too, love zucchini and grow lots in my summer garden. If you search this site for "zucchini", you will find many recipes. I make lots of zucchini bread, soup, and frittata -- they all freeze well and can be enjoyed throughout the year. Thanks, too, RMS, for the link to the "Fresh Cooking from your Garden" website -- lots of good information and recipes!

Last edited:
Parmesan Zucchini Strips

I agree with you, RMS -- fried zucchini are yummy, but I definitely don't need those extra calories! Here's a recipe that has a few less calories and still satisfies your craving for fried zucchini.

1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs or panko crumbs
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
4 small zucchihi, quartered
1/4 cup lightly beaten egg or egg substitute

-Combine bread crumbs and cheese.
-Dip zucchini in egg then in crumbs.
-Place zucchini strips on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray or lined with parchment paper.
-Bake at 450ºF for 20-25 minutes until brown and tender.
-Makes about 4 servings.

Last edited:
Another zuke fan here. Zuke & pasta - sounds yum. Will have to give your recipe a try. Thank you for sharing.

A couple of zuke favorites - zuke pancakes - shred the zukes, add minced garlic, finely chopped onions, beaten egg, any herbs/spices you like - makes a tasty side or appy.

Zuke tomato pie - posted here under Tomato pie - is another idea - or a zuke pizza or shredded zukes on brushetta.

Zuke spaghetti - shred the zukes with a mandoline and toss with lemon juice salt & black pepper. Makes a great side.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom