Chilli sauce-help please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Beer is the best antidote to consuming food that is too hot. The carbonation helps.
I like to drink a shandy with hot food. The beer mixed with lemonade keeps it from getting too "burny". Lemon juice squeezed into water works pretty well too.

I agree with others, that milk is really good to cut the burn, but I don't usually want the taste of milk with my hot food.

Harry,

Thank you once again for the compliment ... The recipe is on Plan 1 tomorrow. It is similar to Vindaloo in the piquantness, however, it is ALL 100% MEXICAN. Do you have access to Mexican products, as this is NOT made from Jar Sauces.

I have to translate it for you, and to re-check to see if I have it in English too.

Have nice evening. I shall be in and off through the evening.
Ciao,
Margi.

I agree with others, that milk is really good to cut the burn, but I don't usually want the taste of milk with my hot food.
+1

Just a matter of practicality, I am not going to be drinking milk with hot Mexican food or hot Thai food. Beer on the other hand is possible or likely.

Or this novel idea: just don't put on too much chili sauce! :)

+1

Just a matter of practicality, I am not going to be drinking milk with hot Mexican food or hot Thai food. Beer on the other hand is possible or likely.

Or this novel idea: just don't put on too much chili sauce! :)
Greg, you gotta try the beer/lemonade 50/50 mix some time. It's really nice.

Harry,

Thank you once again for the compliment ... The recipe is on Plan 1 tomorrow. It is similar to Vindaloo in the piquantness, however, it is ALL 100% MEXICAN. Do you have access to Mexican products, as this is NOT made from Jar Sauces.

I have to translate it for you, and to re-check to see if I have it in English too.

Have nice evening. I shall be in and off through the evening.
Ciao,
Margi.
yep,can get hold of the full range in manchester,only 15 minutes up the road from me.
i'm off to start prepping my evening meal.moules frites.simple & tasty...one of my favs:yum:
harry

I agree, but sour cream works :) With Mexican, at least. Or yogurt for Indian. Not sure there's a dairy item that works well with Asian cuisines.

Harry, sorry mate but I only now saw this post. I have a bottle of Dave's Ghost Pepper (aka Naga Jolokia) Sauce in the fridge. I like to think I have a very high tolerance for fiery foods, but this is one sauce that scares me a bit. I actually bought it because many of the Thai restaurants around here season their food for American palates. Even the hottest level isn't that hot.

So I take my little bottle of ghost pepper sauce with me when I dine out and put a few drops in the food when it arrives. Seriously, TWO or THREE drops. That's it. It really is that hot. Any more than that, and the food is just not enjoyable.

In Thai restaurants where I live, you can request a hot sauce tray and they bring out (ta da!) a tray of different types of hot sauces and sometimes pickled cucumber. It would be interesting to know if it's possible elsewhere.

I once ate in a Thai restaurant that had a sauce with negative heat :LOL: My sister and I ordered some dish for two. She didn't want more than a hint of heat, I wanted it hot. They gave me some hot sauce on the side. The hot sauce was quite hot on its own, but I swear, it went to neutral when added to the sauce that came with the dish.

Harry: See My Chili Pepper Guide

:chef: Good Evening Harry,

Please note, that chili is not the most piquant dish from Mexico ... it has to do with the varieties of chili peppers employed ...

Enjoy the guide. Do you have a Latin American / Mexican and Peruvian Market close by ?

Kindest.
Margi.

:chef: Good Evening Harry,

Please note, that chili is not the most piquant dish from Mexico ... it has to do with the varieties of chili peppers employed ...

Enjoy the guide. Do you have a Latin American / Mexican and Peruvian Market close by ?

Kindest.
Margi.
good morning margi
i am lucky that both manchester & bolton(which is only 2 miles from where i live)have huge ethnic populations from all over the globe.sure i could track most things down.the ethnic food stores/supermarkets are amazing,never heard of half the stuff they sell,but the people are great too & happy to talk for hours & explain how to use the ingredients & what they are etc.
peru? if i need a guinea pig there's my local pet shop.............:ohmy::LOL:!

Back
Top Bottom