"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Sauces, Marinades, Rubs

Old 10-08-2004, 09:07 PM   #31

Well, I don't know about the rest of you, but I like garlic very much, and I hate the minced bottled kind. Give me the natural stuff. As a matter of fact, I love wild garlic better than cultivated garlic. It has more flavor!

Old 10-08-2004, 10:12 PM   #32
Master Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to -DEADLY SUSHI-
Wild garlic is FANTASTIC! It really ODES make a difference. Chocolate Chef...... you have the right idea. It just tastes better. One of the differences where wild food tastes better than mass grown food and that includes organic. :)

Old 10-08-2004, 10:12 PM   #33
Master Chef

Wild garlic is FANTASTIC! It really DOES make a difference. Chocolate Chef...... you have the right idea. It just tastes better. One of the differences where wild food tastes better than mass grown food and that includes organic. :)
Old 10-08-2004, 10:15 PM   #34
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by aruzinsky
Quote:
Originally Posted by buckytom
just curious aruzinsky, what defines an oil?
1. any of large class of substances typically unctuous, viscous, combustible, liquid ar ordinary temperatures, and soluble in ether or alcohol but not water, used for lubricating, illuminating, etc..

Although not in this definition, most people do not call volatile substances such as gasoline, "oil."

Most essential oils are volatile, not unctuous or viscous and have some slight solubilty in water, e.g., maybe 1 drop/gal. or partial solubility in water at greater concentrations. Out of the class of all essential oils, I suppose that a few are true oils, but that would be a small minority. This bring me to correct my previous statement about lemon oil. Now brand lemon oil is cold pressed as opposed to steam distilled so maybe it has nonvolatile components that might be true oil. Steam distilled lemon oil, which is completely volatile, is available elsewhere.
wow, thanks, you da man... (did you write that or take it from another definition?)

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 10:16 PM   #35
Master Chef

no one calls ME 'Da man'.
Old 10-08-2004, 10:24 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by -DEADLY SUSHI-
Wild garlic is FANTASTIC! It really DOES make a difference. Chocolate Chef...... you have the right idea. It just tastes better. One of the differences where wild food tastes better than mass grown food and that includes organic. :)

You have tasted the difference too! I pick, and use wild garlic all the time! Did you know that you can pick it, and plant it in your garden! It requires absolutely no care after the initial watering.

I had a wild garlic patch amongst my roses for many years. Wonderful stuff! My friends would always ask me for it when I would cook at their houses for dinner parties. They were too lazy to grow it, or harvest their own!
Old 10-08-2004, 10:26 PM   #37
Chef Extraordinaire

ok, you really da man, sush.

yo yo yo, dat's off da hook, yo...

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 11:47 PM   #38
Head Chef

Thanks GB and to the rest for all the info! Bet you guys never thought you could save lives on this forum huh?

Tags
None