Creamy Vinaigrette?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

giggler

Sous Chef
Is there such a thing for Salad Dressing.?

I like Creamy dressings, and also vinegretts.

I saw a recipe on another post for Horseradish Cream Vinegrett, but the recipe was vague.

Ingredients

• 2 teaspoons champagne vinegar
  • 2 teaspoons horseradish cream
  • 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more as needed
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more as needed
  • 1/4 cup olive oil

Does this look right?

and what is Horseradish Cream?

Thanks,
Eric, Austin Tx

I think horseradish cream is just prepared horseradish, that you can find at any grocery store. Smoother than plain grated horseradish.

Sounds like an interesting recipe!

Last edited:
Yes, there are creamy vinaigrettes. I happen to be a vinegar fiend so I would add more to the recipes, but you can add mayonnaise or sour cream or plain Greek yogurt to any vinaigrette dressing to make it creamy. You might need to add more seasoning to compensate.

In that recipe, I would use white wine vinegar rather than champagne vinegar. Champagne vinegar is much more expensive and the special quality of it would be lost with the flavor of the horseradish.

Last edited:
In a food processor or blender, I should think if you add the vinegar/ flavors and blend. Then slowly add the oil in a stream to this it should emulsify and get creamy.

Yes, there are creamy vinaigrettes. I happen to be a vinegar fiend so I would add more to the recipes, but you can add mayonnaise or sour cream or plain Greek yogurt to any vinaigrette dressing to make it creamy. You might need to add more seasoning to compensate.

In that recipe, I would use white wine vinegar rather than champagne vinegar. Champagne vinegar is much more expensive and the special quality of it would be lost with the flavor of the horseradish.

+1. Also, keep in mind once you open your jar of prepared horseradish, it will eventually lose it's horseradishy kick. I'd also use either white wine or rice vinegar, both are inexpensive, rather than the champagne vinegar. Play around with it and have fun!

I like the sound of that recipe Eric. I would also use white or rice vinegar and this is a brand of horseradish that I really like. It seems to hold the flavor longer than others.

img_1425946_0_c102943673464ed4fc2ff311f586eb42.jpg

A bit of dry (Coleman's yellow can) or prepared mustard also helps to emulsify a vinaigrette.

I usually make tuna, chicken, or egg salad in that mayo jar that I'm not going to scrape. It makes it easier that I use the 1.8L, straight-sided jars of mayo from Costco.

Last edited:
Thanks for that Cheryl. He's such an excellent teacher isn't he? He makes everyone believe they can cook well, just like him. He looks nothing like I expected and I had to laugh when he said he has a face for radio.

Thanks for that Cheryl. He's such an excellent teacher isn't he? He makes everyone believe they can cook well, just like him. He looks nothing like I expected and I had to laugh when he said he has a face for radio.

I like his style too, Kay.

GG, once you start watching his videos you'll get hooked. He's a character.

Speaking of cooking videos, I love our own powerplant's youtube videos, too. I think I've seen almost every one. :)

Back
Top Bottom