Green Beans Sauce?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Green beans produce seeds. If the pods are permitted to older they will gradually dry down and can be collected and used like dry beans. Dry beans often have very fibrous pods that are too tough to want to eat as natural beans. Perhaps if they are very small they can be used as natural beans, but even then many of them are too fibrous to be tasty.

I think frozen green beans are already blanched, before freezing. I don't know that for a fact though. I would skip blanching frozen beans.
From

How frozen vegetable is made - production process, making, used, processing, product, industry, machine

"Another innovation attributed to a General Foods scientist was the process of blanching vegetables before freezing. Blanching entailed immersing the vegetables in boiling water for a few minutes to halt the activity of certain enzymes. This preserved their flavor much more effectively."

Try using green beans to lighten up your next batch of German potato salad.

You can also take a shortcut, start with a can of Read's! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

German Potato Salad — READ

SouthwesternBeanSalad.png

I think frozen green beans are already blanched, before freezing. I don't know that for a fact though. I would skip blanching frozen beans.

One summer as a teenager I worked in a misnamed cannery. They prepared veggies right from the fields. Some were prepared for the can and others for freezing. They were all blanched in big vats prior to their next step. Some went into the cans immediately and the cans were then placed in a huge pressure cooker for the finished cooked product.

The ones for the freezer, were first blanched and then right into sealed bags for the freezer. I haven't eaten a can of beans since childhood. Only frozen. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom