"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Sauces, Marinades, Rubs
Old 09-15-2005, 05:45 AM   #11
Home Olive Oil Press

Oh come on, pressing olives isn't that difficult... Just kidding. I lived in California for a while and LOVED going to my friend's press and seeing that beautiful oil flow...

By the way, anybody with an extra $2500 or so just laying around can get their very own home olive oil press. I just can't see myself ever needing one... weird.

Anyway, I would like to proclaim my astonishment at getting 7 olives in Scotland! I absolutely love Scotland (I grew up in Oregon so the Scottish weather isn't bad either...) and cannot believe you were able to even get those 7. What part of Scotland are you in if you don't mind my asking? My Mother's side is all of the Fraser Clan so Scotland holds a special place in my heart... Someday I'll learn how to play the bagpipes...

amcardon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2005, 06:28 AM   #12
Executive Chef
I grow a small olive tree in my conservatory, which faces south. I also have very high, dry stone walls all round the property which are from 1840 ish. The central heating in the winter and glass walls in the summer all help to nurture an orange, a lemon and an olive tree. I'm aiming for the Orangery effect!

I'm from Edinburgh, although my Dad's family are from the Highlands.

Ishbel is offline   Reply With Quote