Help "Correct" Spaghetti Sauce

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dickf1940

Assistant Cook
I have a strong Green Pepper taste in the spegetti sauce and I was wondering if anyone had an idea of how to counter the Green Pepper taste to bring it down.

don't fight it. flour and brown some fatty veal cubes (aka stew veal), then make veal and peppers.

otherwise, add more tomatoes and tomato paste.

1940...may I simply suggest stuffed peppers to satisify(SP)for the need for a ful-flavored pepper dish. Yummys all around if done right! Green peppers are one of the foods that I have found that either people like them - or they hate them. Some seem to be on a "wobbly fence" to be sure some days! GAH!!! Luck to you -let us know how it "goes" either way!! I think that your combo sounds delisch!!! :)

Last edited:
1940...may I simply suggest stuffed peppers to satisify(SP)for the need for a ful-flavored pepper dish. Yummys all around if done right! Green peppers are one of the foods that I have found that either people like them - or they hate them. Some seem to be on a "wobbly fence" to be sure some days! GAH!!! Luck to you -let us know how it "goes" either way!! I think that your combo sounds delisch!!! :)

I think the OP is saying they want to get away from the heavy green pepper flavor.;)

I don't use green peppers for Italian. I don't use any fresh peppers for my Italian sauces. When an Italian dish calls for peppers, I use red, yellow or orange. Maybe a combination of the three. To us they simply have a much better flaovor than the greens.

Craig

I think it is too late, I'm afraid. You would need to add something else that would overpower the pepper taste. You can't really de flavor a dish but you can mask some flavor by adding other stuff.

So you've made sauce and it has too much green pepper flavor in it?

Make a half batch more without any peppers and combine them.

That's really the only way to go.

I have a strong Green Pepper taste in the spegetti sauce and I was wondering if anyone had an idea of how to counter the Green Pepper taste to bring it down.

Leave them out next time.

Last edited:
The next time you make the sauce, buy red or yellow peppers and roast them first. It sounds like a lot of trouble, but you can freeze them and just use a slice or two in your sauces.

Back
Top Bottom