Horseradish Sauce For Filet Mignon? Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Rob the reason i settled on the RR Recipe was because i had all those ingredients at the house already and i had already been to the market.

it sounded easy and good but, um, it wasnt

Usually with a decent cut of beef (and I've never had Kobe or access to it), I'd rather just taste the beef.

Why not just grate a little fresh horseradish on the side and put a smidge on your fork as you dip into that juicy steak?

Works for me and prime rib.

IC, HUGE round of applause for the above comment!

A friend of ours worked at Jestine's here in Charleston, and she did a $40 a day show, and ate at Jestine's. Well, everything she put in her mouth 'on' camera, she spit out and made a nasty comment about, off camera. The owners and staff were just a bit miffed.

I've said it before; only go with trusted chefs on FTV, and even then, think the recipe through before you make it. Most of the folks on the network now are celebs first, and cooks second.

The thing is, I've eaten at a couple of the places she went to during her various $40 a day shows on the different islands in Hawaii and I was shaking my head and laughing to myself when she was "oohing" and "aaahing" over the food.

marmalady said:
A friend of ours worked at Jestine's here in Charleston, and she did a $40 a day show, and ate at Jestine's. Well, everything she put in her mouth 'on' camera, she spit out and made a nasty comment about, off camera. The owners and staff were just a bit miffed.

ROFL! bahahahahahahaha

mix sour cream with heavy cream pretty equally, add your prepared horseraddish (tblsp to a cup of the cream mixture) and see how it tastes. Add more if you want more impact.

This looks good. Could you suggest any other applications for this sauce, for either plant or animal, since I am not likely to run into any filet mignon? I have several half pints of fresh horseradish in my freezer that I am having trouble using up.
Beth

If you like the sauce, it is great on grilled fish like sword salmon or tuna, it can go well with beef or pork, and roasted root vegetables. and you can jazz the sauce up with some fresh herbs (parsley of couse, and maybe some dill, especially if it's going on fish.)

I'm a horseradish fan too, but I would probably only use a dollop on the side. An idea is to mix the horseradish with softened cream cheese or an herb cream cheese and a splash of worcestershire. I go by taste - no measurements. It's also great on a baked potato.

Thanks Robo and Mish for the ideas. I plan to mix up a couple of batches, I have sour cream, cream and a cup of cream that I have skimmed off of some yogurt, so that is yogurt cream?? Any way, will use them with smoked ham and veggies tomorrow.

bethzaring said:
Thanks Robo and Mish for the ideas. I plan to mix up a couple of batches, I have sour cream, cream and a cup of cream that I have skimmed off of some yogurt, so that is yogurt cream?? Any way, will use them with smoked ham and veggies tomorrow.

You're very welcome beth. Great idea to serve the horseradish with smoked ham. Haden't thought of horseradish yogurt cheese. Thank you.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom