One very basic question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've been told that the best "brine" for frying chicken is buttermilk. Since I can only improve in this particular dish, I have noticed a definite upswing in my attempts.

I ended up keeping them in the buttermilk until the NEXT night for dinner - the texture was still good - they really got fat!!! LOL I was told that this is how Steak and Ale does their chicken breasts - the results were pretty much the same texture so it may very well be. I LOVE their rosemary chicken - maybe next time I'll throw in some rosemary stalks.

That is probably why you are able to keep it in the liquid for so long. It is not really a brine if there is no salt. I think just buttermilk would probably be considered a marinade instead of a brine.

Hey mudbug, try tossing some dried chilies into the buttermilk. It give the chicken a really great flavour.

Hey everyone thank you all so much for the great help !! :)

I am sorry for being away for so long ( too busy with my sister-- she's in town and I'm so happy to have her over). I can't wait to try brine my chicken breasts now!! So I'll go with 2 hours only, season and grill, yum!

Thanks alot once again!

Back
Top Bottom