Pork chops in mustard sauce?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

giggler

Sous Chef
I was thinking..

Brown some thin chops, then add sliced onions and bell and vermouth, cook till tender..

meanwhile make a suce of left over bottles of brown mustard to make kind of a thick or thin mustard BBq suace to just serve at the table to spoon over?

or should I add the sauce to the pan and and stew for a bit...

What do Y'all think?

Eric, Austin Tx.

I was thinking..

Brown some thin chops, then add sliced onions and bell and vermouth, cook till tender..

meanwhile make a suce of left over bottles of brown mustard to make kind of a thick or thin mustard BBq suace to just serve at the table to spoon over?

or should I add the sauce to the pan and and stew for a bit...

What do Y'all think?

Eric, Austin Tx.
I have a French recipe that has you spread the mustard on both sides of the pork cotelettes ("chops" in British English - don't know what they are in US butchery) before cooking them in the rest of the sauce. Sorry I can't give details as the recipe is in storage.

Has anybody ever tried dill pickles in a sauce with pork chops?
I haven't but why not try it. If you don't like it you needn't bother again.

I love dill pickles and can eat them as sandwiches with just bread and butter - rarely for me, it HAS to be white bread!)

I would use the mustard and some chicken stock to make a pan sauce. That way, you get the yummy fond (browned bits) on the bottom of the pan into your sauce. This describes the method; you can use whatever ingredients you want.

https://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/pork-chops-with-mustard-sauce-231998

+1^

I almost always do a Dijon/cream/mushroom sauce with my pork chops Eric, and the directions there are good. However I substitute white wine for the chicken broth in the recipe. It makes a remarkably good dish, served with rice or noodles.

Hmmm, the pickles idea is interesting....

I make a recipe that calls for hot peppers and some of the juice from the jar as part of a sauce.

My favorite Easter recipe is brandied rabbit in mustard sauce. The kids always love it!

I guess you could substitute pork chops for the rabbit.

Back
Top Bottom