Putting Pork Bone in Red Sauce? Help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mylegsbig

Head Chef
Hey guys gonna try something new today with my sunday sauce.

gonna use 1/2 Ground Beef 1/2 Spicy Italian Sausage instead of beef/pork

also, i want to put a bone in it to give it flavor.

What type of a bone should i buy? My girlfriend says there is something called a Soup Bone.

Also, do i brown this bone in olive oil before i add it to my sauce? Can this bone simmer for 2 hours? That is how long i simmer my sauce.

Also, do i have to use "neck bone"

that just sounds disgusting.

Please help me add a bone into my sunday sauce for flavor?

I know absolutely nothing about this so i have no problem talking down to me every detail.

thanks in advance

Cheers

Pork neck bones would be very good. Pull the meat off after cooking and add to the sauce. We had Italian neighbors one time and she used a lot of spareribs in her sauces.

ttt... okay i got something called pork spare ribs... should i brown these in olive oil or roast them in the oven before i put them in my sauce?

how many rib bones should i use? i got like half a pound...

you can throw them in raw if you want, or brown first. either way works. amount to use depends on how much meat you want in your sauce - are you looking just for meaty flavor? use fewer bones.

im using 1 1/2 pounds of meat in my sauce.

These bones im throwing in are just for flavor - im not going to eat the meat off of them

Iron the pork spareribs are already bought but i will try your suggestion in the near future. by render do you just mean cook like bacon?

Mylegsbig said:
Iron the pork spareribs are already bought but i will try your suggestion in the near future. by render do you just mean cook like bacon?

Yeah, and use the oil from the pancetta for the sauce. You can use regular bacon too. That's how traditional bolognese sauce was made.

Back
Top Bottom