Red Sauce Spaghetti, All In

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

giggler

Sous Chef
On Sundays, I often make "Kitchen Sink' Sauce for noodles..

all the "left over Meat" like pork chops, sausages, even Left over fried chicken..

Fry up some onion, bell pepper, garlick, and spieses, then add a bottle of tomato sauce, then add all the meat..

I often add Artichoke Hearts which are very nice...

This is actually quite good with side salad and Garlic Toaste...

over elbow macaronni..

Eric, Austin, Tx.

Last edited by a moderator:
c. bastia

comes up as an Up sidown Catfish, cool?

I'm a biochemist, this very nice

Eric, AAustin Tx.

Craig,

My paternal Milanese Grandmom Margherite, is a bit curious Giggler by what do you actually mean by Kitchen Sink Italian Tomato Gravy ! Leftovers plus vegetables and garlic, onion, spices and tomato sauce ?

Have lovely August.
Margi.

Greetings from SA!

Guess I'm not that adventurous with my pasta and tomato sauces, as the most that I usually add are some mushrooms or occasionally shellfish. I'll have to try the artichokes, never had them with tomato sauce before.

all the "left over Meat" like pork chops, sausages, even Left over fried chicken..

Fry up some onion, bell pepper, garlick, and spieses, then add a bottle of tomato sauce, then add all the meat..

over elbow macaronni..

Eric, Austin, Tx.
What a wonderful way to recycle left-overs.
You just confirmed Luca's ( and mine as well) belief about the "soffritto".
A good soffritto (Sautéing of onions etc.) brings life back to anything.

Craig,

My paternal Milanese Grandmom Margherite, is a bit curious Giggler by what do you actually mean by Kitchen Sink Italian Tomato Gravy ! Leftovers plus vegetables and garlic, onion, spices and tomato sauce ?

Have lovely August.
Margi.

I don't quite follow what you mean. What is your grandmother curious about? Sunday Gravy is a term used by many Italian-Americans for the red sauce served for Sunday dinner. The meats are cooked in the sauce (meatballs, sausage and what ever else. Just like some call riccota, Pot Cheese.

marge, having been raised in an italian section of nyc, you surely must have heard of sunday gravy.

Sounds lovely :)

over elbow macaronni..

Eric, Austin, Tx.

Greetings from SA!

Guess I'm not that adventurous with my pasta and tomato sauces

But you NEED to be more adventurous with your tomato sauces!!! Just follow the inspiring giggler's concept, and start throwing ingredients in that pan full of red boiling fluid. :)

What a wonderful way to recycle left-overs.
You just confirmed Luca's ( and mine as well) belief about the "soffritto".
A good soffritto (Sautéing of onions etc.) brings life back to anything.

:LOL: :yum:

Back
Top Bottom