What's a good brand of olive oil to sauté with?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:LOL: Nice to know someone is awake and not taking all the bad science at face value. Yes - that link I posted does have a few "holes" in the science they used to support their claims.

There was a sugar substatute used in a soft drink back in the late 1960's (cyclamate used in the diet drink TAB if I remember right) that was banned because it caused cancer in lab rats. As it turned out ... a human would have to consume 20-30 2-litre bottles of TAB per day for 120 years to consume the amount of cyclamate given to the rats in 1 week/month period. Using the same methodology, and concentrations, we were able to produce cancer in lab rats using carrot, beet, cabbage, spinach, lettuce, and the minerals in tap water (and a few other organic plant things we normally eat) at the University of Texas in Austin in 1971-1973.

I use olive oil for most of my cooking (anything not Asian or deep fried, which I seldom do anyway). HERE, I buy Tassos Extra Virgin in big cans. Other places Pompeii in large plastic bottles. I find both good enough to both cook and drizzle with. We have bought more expensive brands to play around with, but find these two staples for our pantry meet all of our needs.

Back
Top Bottom