Where would I find Walnut Oil?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
S

seek2bwise

I have a recipe that calls for Walnut Oil....I've never heard of it. Is it something I have to make myself or would I find it in a specialty store?

Thanks In Advance,
seek2bwise

It's a specialty oil. Your best bet is a specialty food store, or you could Google it.

Where in Texas are you? I know that Whole Foods and HEB Central Markets have the oil. It is awesome. I love pumpkin oil too - FANTASTIC drizzled on salads and vegetables.

I get mine at Safeway, but it is in the health food section, not with the regular oils.

Good Luck!

I live in Houston. I found the Walnut Oil at HEB this morning...thanks for the tip. :D

seek2bwise

I believe that nut oils are much more perishable than others. I keep my nut oils (walnut, pumpkin, flax, macadamia) in the fridge.

They are wonderful. They add an extra element to everything - baked goods, salads, sautes, and grilled meats. You are not supposed to cook with either pumpkin or flax seed oil - these are meant to be finishing oils. Pumpkin oil is very unusual - it looks like used motor oil - very greenish black and somewhat thick. Its flavor is strong - very nutty and rich. I love it on salads, rice pilaf, chicken etc. I think you should vow to try something new!

Back
Top Bottom