Will You join us in a Swap?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Any updates fellow spice swappers?? So far I have Granniero's, Grilling Fool's, Dave H's, and mine of course...
Please let me know the status so I know what to tell others.

Thanks, Dee

mine 'er packed with my spice blend written, enveloped, after i get stamps i'll mail. like tomorrow.

Awhile back, a small group of us decided we would have a spice swap and it seemed like a good idea at the time. Now it seems, that several of us have invested a fair amount of money in spices ,postage and envelopes, only to have not everyone follow through with their agreements. If you volunteered to swap with us, please be fair and contact the head of the swap and let them know you will complete what you agreed to so we can finish up and all enjoy our little endeavor. No hard feelings, but at least please let us know your status so we can close this out. Thanks.

I just received Luvs! :punk:We have Dina's in route so after hers arrive then they will all be on the way to you guys!!!:mrgreen::mrgreen:

It was a bumpy road but at least we did it!!:clap:

Thank you for all that participated :chef: Maybe next time we can figure out an easier way to do this!! :LOL:

Dee

I was chatting with Lefselover about spice blends and I thought of an idea that I am very excited about and hope you will like it as well!

I thought it would be fun to have a spice blend, marinade, or rub swap. Just like having a cookie swap party but with homemade spice mixtures and of course via mail!

Those interested could swap addresses via PM or you could all PM me your addresses and I could make a mailing list to PM to those interested in participating.

Not for people who just want to receive FREE spices!!! But who actually will participate and send out their own as well!

Lefselover thought she would want to send out an Hebs de Provance and I was thinking of doing a Rosemary salt..... you can make as many different kinds as you want and switch it up whenever!

So will you join us??:mrgreen: Bucky I heard you have a killer blend.....KE??How about you?:cool::cool: Come one, come all!

I love this idea, but with a twist. Rather than sending actual herb & spice mixes through snail mail, how about we swap recipes for various flavorings. That way, we can make the mixes, marinades, sauces, home-made condiments, etc. without having to worry about the safety of the flavoring. This would also allow us to increase the variety of mixtures. We might even start a new thread just to catalogue our precious and favorite mixtures. What do you think?

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Well of course I like the idea of swaping mixes, but isn't that what this thread of "sauces, Marinades and rubs" is for?? For everyone to post different ideas and TNT recipes....?
With the actual swap my idea was meant to take the swap of the spice recipes a step further to actually experience someones creation by receiving them already made. Afterall everyone enjoys receiving a package in the mail!! Right?? :mrgreen:

Well of course I like the idea of swaping mixes, but isn't that what this thread of "sauces, Marinades and rubs" is for?? For everyone to post different ideas and TNT recipes....?
With the actual swap my idea was meant to take the swap of the spice recipes a step further to actually experience someones creation by receiving them already made. Afterall everyone enjoys receiving a package in the mail!! Right?? :mrgreen:

Ah, I see.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

So, what's the word?

Should we start singing?

O-ho the Wells Fargo Wagon is a-comin' down the street,
Oh please let it be for me!
O-ho the Wells Fargo Wagon is a-comin' down the street,
I wish, I wish I knew what it could be!

First Voice:
I got a box of maple sugar on my birthday.

Second Voice:
In March I got a gray mackinaw.

Third Voice:
And once I got some grapefruit from Tampa.

Fourth Voice:
Montgom'ry Ward sent me a bathtub and a cross-cut saw.

People:
O-ho the Wells Fargo Wagon is a-comin' now
Is it a prepaid surprise or C.O.D.

(From The Music Man...)

It's coming to you all guys. So very sorry I'm late. Everything went First Priority in the mail today.

Hi guys!! I just got back from California last night well technically this morning.....2 am :wacko: and in todays mail I received Dina's spices!!! Yeah!!!
Thank you Dina :chef:
So first thing Monday morning I will be shipping out all the spices back out to everyone who participated!! :cool::clap:

Thank you again for all who participated and for everyones patience.

:):)
Dee

OK guys....I mailed out all the spice blends today!!! :w00t2::clap::punk:
Since most of you sent in more blends than we ended up needing due to the number of participants changing, I took the liberty of distributing all the extra spice blends to each of you so you should be receiving two of each blend. As for my blend and Dave H's blend I simply put several meals worth into one baggie.
Also I will be messaging each of you with my recipe for the blend and Dave's recipe because my printer broke down and I was unable to print them out so please keep an eye out in your INBOX.

:chef::chef:Enjoy!!!

Woohoo! I'm looking forward to getting the packet Dee. My kids are excited to try new recipes from you all. I'll be checking that mailbox every afternoon.

Hi Dee,
Got my package yesterday and it smells so good! Can't wait to try them. Thanks so much for your efforts. Hugs, Rosemary

Ah, so sorry!
Yup, spicy spices received! The envelope smelled really tasty before I even opened it,
so we just tossed it on the grill and had BBQ Priority Mail envelope for dinner!

OK, maybe not. But it smelled good enough to do it, LOL!

Looking forward to trying the mixes out, OINK!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom