"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Sauces, Marinades, Rubs

Old 10-24-2008, 09:51 AM   #121
Executive Chef

Any updates fellow spice swappers?? So far I have Granniero's, Grilling Fool's, Dave H's, and mine of course...
Please let me know the status so I know what to tell others.

Thanks, Dee

deelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2008, 10:20 AM   #122
Head Chef

Perhaps you should set a deadline and then just send on what you have received.....?

Old 10-24-2008, 06:43 PM   #123
Master Chef

mine 'er packed with my spice blend written, enveloped, after i get stamps i'll mail. like tomorrow.
Old 10-30-2008, 01:59 PM   #124
Head Chef

So, what's the word?
Swap Mail Time yet?

Me, impatient? Nahhhhhhhhh

Old 11-01-2008, 01:39 PM   #125
Cook

Awhile back, a small group of us decided we would have a spice swap and it seemed like a good idea at the time. Now it seems, that several of us have invested a fair amount of money in spices ,postage and envelopes, only to have not everyone follow through with their agreements. If you volunteered to swap with us, please be fair and contact the head of the swap and let them know you will complete what you agreed to so we can finish up and all enjoy our little endeavor. No hard feelings, but at least please let us know your status so we can close this out. Thanks.
Old 11-01-2008, 03:29 PM   #126
Executive Chef

I just received Luvs! We have Dina's in route so after hers arrive then they will all be on the way to you guys!!!

It was a bumpy road but at least we did it!!

Thank you for all that participated Maybe next time we can figure out an easier way to do this!!

Dee

Old 11-01-2008, 03:41 PM   #127
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by deelady View Post
I was chatting with Lefselover about spice blends and I thought of an idea that I am very excited about and hope you will like it as well!

I thought it would be fun to have a spice blend, marinade, or rub swap. Just like having a cookie swap party but with homemade spice mixtures and of course via mail!

Those interested could swap addresses via PM or you could all PM me your addresses and I could make a mailing list to PM to those interested in participating.

Not for people who just want to receive FREE spices!!! But who actually will participate and send out their own as well!

Lefselover thought she would want to send out an Hebs de Provance and I was thinking of doing a Rosemary salt..... you can make as many different kinds as you want and switch it up whenever!

So will you join us?? Bucky I heard you have a killer blend.....KE??How about you? Come one, come all!
I love this idea, but with a twist. Rather than sending actual herb & spice mixes through snail mail, how about we swap recipes for various flavorings. That way, we can make the mixes, marinades, sauces, home-made condiments, etc. without having to worry about the safety of the flavoring. This would also allow us to increase the variety of mixtures. We might even start a new thread just to catalogue our precious and favorite mixtures. What do you think?

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 10:37 PM   #128
Executive Chef

Well of course I like the idea of swaping mixes, but isn't that what this thread of "sauces, Marinades and rubs" is for?? For everyone to post different ideas and TNT recipes....?
With the actual swap my idea was meant to take the swap of the spice recipes a step further to actually experience someones creation by receiving them already made. Afterall everyone enjoys receiving a package in the mail!! Right??

Old 11-02-2008, 02:01 PM   #129
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by deelady View Post
Well of course I like the idea of swaping mixes, but isn't that what this thread of "sauces, Marinades and rubs" is for?? For everyone to post different ideas and TNT recipes....?
With the actual swap my idea was meant to take the swap of the spice recipes a step further to actually experience someones creation by receiving them already made. Afterall everyone enjoys receiving a package in the mail!! Right??
Ah, I see.

Seeeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Check out my blog for the friendliest cooking instruction on the net. Go ahead. You know you want to.- http://gwnorthsfamilycookin.wordpress.com/
Chief Longwind Of The North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 01:30 PM   #130
Head Chef

So, what's the word?

Should we start singing?

O-ho the Wells Fargo Wagon is a-comin' down the street,
Oh please let it be for me!
O-ho the Wells Fargo Wagon is a-comin' down the street,
I wish, I wish I knew what it could be!

First Voice:
I got a box of maple sugar on my birthday.

Second Voice:
In March I got a gray mackinaw.

Third Voice:
And once I got some grapefruit from Tampa.

Fourth Voice:
Montgom'ry Ward sent me a bathtub and a cross-cut saw.

People:
O-ho the Wells Fargo Wagon is a-comin' now
Is it a prepaid surprise or C.O.D.

(From The Music Man...)

Tags
None