Will You join us in a Swap?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A limit for what? people to participate or how much spice blend to make for each participant?

If you are talking about people I don't think that would be a problem, I am just hoping there are enough participants to make this successful!

As for a list I figured I would give them a couple of days to be able to view the thread and mull it over before I ask for a final who's in....?
But we do eventually need to give a definate deadline to ship the spices.

If everyone uses ziplock bags, the most economical Flat Rate way to mail
them will probably be the Flat Rate Priority Mail envelope... $4.80. Good for up
to 4 pounds. International would be $11.75, less to Canada.
I'd be interested in participating.
Here's another thought:
Dip and salsa spice mixtures.. just add sour cream or such!

Great idea GF!! Didn't even cross my mind for dips! Love it!

So I guess we can say marinades in liquid form are out (too much hassle for shipping) unless you want to package only the dry ingredients for it ,with instructions to complete.

So items that are in....spice blends, rubs, dips, and marinades in dry form....packaged in zip locks with recipe included,did I leave anything out?

If you are for sure interested in participating can you please PM me saying so, so I may begin a confirmed list.

Thank guys!! This is awsome! It will give great ideas for the Holidays, that are quickly approaching!!:santa::santa::D

So will you join us??:mrgreen: Bucky I heard you have a killer blend.....KE??How about you?:cool::cool: Come one, come all!

dee, i'd love to be in the swap but i have so little free time, and i'm terrible about getting things shipped out. i still owe ronjohn and yt a t-shirt, and alix a cd. (i promise to get them out straight away, guys. i swear! :angel:)

i would be more than willing to post the ingredients to the few rubs that i make, such as one for grilled pork chops, another for london broil, and another for roast chicken. unfortunately, everything i add is by eye (and taste), so i'd be guessing at the exact ratios.

you know I'm already thinking of the Herbs de Provence.
I'm in girl, I'm for sure in..........and yes, Bucksters is wonderful........
I kinda just wing everything and don't have a set blend or rub. I really should though.
listen GRK, I know you're dang good in ye ole kitchen so there's no time like the present, you've been given a challenge now step up to the plate.............oh man, I AM tough:ohmy:;)

Stupid network error......

a nice long post gone...

Any who Im in. I got a killer marinade for some chicken. I got the fresh herbs I can wrap in a ziplock and give the rest of the liquids. My would need to be fridged.

Thanks for pushing me there Lef. I was on the fence but you know what. your right.

I think staying away from the liquids would be best. I think it might become a problem at the post office and what if it leaks and etc...

Don't you hate it when that happens!!:mad: Always seems to only happen on your lengthy posts or emails, then you have to sit and try to think of all you said.....I feel your frustration GRK!

Thats great you are going to join in, the more the merrier!

I'm thinking we should have a deadline of maybe the 1st week of OCT to send in your spices....does that sound doable for everyone??

I remembered most of what I was attempting to say.

i usually copy and paste a long post in a notepad just in case but I havent had a problem in a while so ill go back to doing that again.

Im game. just let me know the offical date it needs to be in by.

So far we have....
Kitchenelf
Luvs
Lelfslove
Dina
Callisto
Grilling Fool
GRK
Dave H.
and maybe Bucky's recipe

and Me of course

Did I miss anyone who is def in??

Ok so how are we doing this postage wise?

are we mailing you our spice rub or marinade with recipe card and at least the dry ingredigent and the money for the flate rate?

Im not a knowledgable person abotu shipping stuff and what not.

You can purchase and print out your postage from online. Just Like GF said it should be no more than 4.80 priority flat rate....
Postage Price Calculator

So yes include, a copy of your recipe, X amount of samples of your spice blend (will keep you updated on final count of participants), and a lg envelope with your address and postage. :)

NOTE!!!!
If you want the flat $4.80 Priority Mail rate, you MUST USE a
FLAT RATE Priority Mail envelope!!!! So don't put a $4.80 stamp on a regular
manila envelope.. If the package is over 1 pound, it won't be enough. If it is
under 1 pound, all will be well.

Also, the online postage will probably print with the date you create it. Which would
make it useless for a later mailing date. Best bet is to buy a Priority Mail stamp and send
that.

Maybe we should give a general guide line for the size of the samples being sent?

I would have to agree with that.

What about we all mail in our samples, money for postage and a tip and then who ever is the hub point can see the best option.

or

We can all give in the weight and dementions of our item and email or PM the info to a good estimate of pacakging can be determined.

I would love to be included. Will watch closely here for details, add me to list, please. granniero

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom