Will You join us in a Swap?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Dina, I am with you. I am not intending to do jar sized portions for everyone. That'd be silly. What if they hate it and it sits there or worse gets dumped.
I bet I'll do about 3 tablespoons per Seal a Meal thingie and call it a day:cool:

I was thinking basically just enough for one time making whatever it is. That's about the right amount and then they'll have the recipe and can make more if they like it and if they don't, none of us would have wasted a bunch of our spices.

Okay, once again I have come in on the tail end of something good! Blast this knee! Anyway, I read this entire thread and found it very interesting and exciting but because I am late AND have the extra postage challenge of being in Canada, I will gladly sit this round out and if you do another PLEASE let me know. I can get my friend in New York to send the postage to whoever and then get the money to her!

Have fun everyone, I will keep checking in to see how it is going!

Okay, once again I have come in on the tail end of something good! Blast this knee! Anyway, I read this entire thread and found it very interesting and exciting but because I am late AND have the extra postage challenge of being in Canada, I will gladly sit this round out and if you do another PLEASE let me know. I can get my friend in New York to send the postage to whoever and then get the money to her!

Have fun everyone, I will keep checking in to see how it is going!
I don't know about others, but I don't think one more is a problem. You would be paying your own postage so the cost is up to you, it wouldn't burden deelady.

Thanks, Callisto, but you have your 10 and I am not sure I would be up to getting it all together AND figuring out the postage thing. I have a few dips and rubs in my repetoire and will be ready if there is a round two.

Of course I would be all for LPBeier joining us, but I can understand if she is not up for it after all that she has been enduring! But hopefully we will be able to have a second one, at least one similar!

As for serving size I only had in mind enough for a family size dinner, what ever that might be. I would imagine it would depend on what exactly you are making. Yes I completely agree the thought of any going to waste would be frustrating, but we also want to make sure they have enough for their whole meal and not just a "pork chop's" worth! :LOL:
So 5-7 T worth was just a number I just put out there, the main idea is enough for a meal....

Wow, this thread has really taken off. Good for you all! Sounds like a great idea. I don't really have a good enough rub to share or I'd be in. They are just a little of this, some more of that.

Now, to sit back and watch the news when all these ziploc baggies with herbs in them hit the mail system :LOL:
I know. Maybe if you wrap the baggies in coffee and tin foil :ROFLMAO:

;) Just jesting. It does sound like a cool idea.

hehehe, pacanis! that's my thoguht!!!

'excuse me, postal worker, may i weigh my herbs?':LOL::ROFLMAO:

i'm concerened, sincerely!!

shackles 'an cuffs....

oh, my!!

Lets just say I know someone who mailed the REAL stuff and it was delivered to their friend with out a problem! Not wrapped or anything just stuck in an envelope!!:ohmy:

Lets just say I know someone who mailed the REAL stuff and it was delivered to their friend with out a problem! Not wrapped or anything just stuck in an envelope!!:ohmy:

Yes, but we're talking about doing something honest here. You know there's going to be a knock at somebody's door :ohmy:
Or one of those pink slips... package must be picked up at PO :ermm:
;)

Well, when you think of it, it is probably a good idea I sit this out. They would have a great time at the border looking at the declaration sticker which reads "dried herbs"!:LOL::ROFLMAO::ermm:

Seriously, you shouldn't have to much trouble, specially since rubs have a lot of spices that are definitely NOT suspicious!

I'm not worried at all.....but wouldn't it make for interesting news! "Cooking websight ring gets busted!......for trafficing herbs!" :LOL:

"Forty-five of the US Postal Service's drug sniffing dogs had to retire today due to sniffing too much cumin and red pepper, in what officials describe as the largest transportation of herbs since the Grateful Dead stopped touring."

"Forty-five of the US Postal Service's drug sniffing dogs had to retire today due to sniffing too much cumin and red pepper, in what officials describe as the largest transportation of herbs since the Grateful Dead stopped touring."
where's the thread about what's the last thing that made you smile? <--- or giggle outloud! hahahah

Of course I would be all for LPBeier joining us, but I can understand if she is not up for it after all that she has been enduring! But hopefully we will be able to have a second one, at least one similar!

As for serving size I only had in mind enough for a family size dinner, what ever that might be. I would imagine it would depend on what exactly you are making. Yes I completely agree the thought of any going to waste would be frustrating, but we also want to make sure they have enough for their whole meal and not just a "pork chop's" worth! :LOL:
So 5-7 T worth was just a number I just put out there, the main idea is enough for a meal....
Will do. I'll start making the packages this week to send off.

I hope I don't sound TOO dense, but this is what I get so far: I will make up 10 zip lock baggies with 5-7 Tbs of rub/spice/dip,etc. Attach a card listing ingrediants and what to do with it. But then where do i send it, does someone need my address, and when I send it, do I enclose one of these flat rate priority envelopes, good for up to 4 lbs for $4.80 so the others packs can be returned to me? My brain functions at different levels sometimes, so someone help me out. Thanks

LOL ~ I did too about 8 years ago. He put "Kona" on the declaration label and it was assumed it was coffee. IT WASN'T. LOL

Granniero I sent you a private message on the 15th giving you my address and details....did you not get it? Let me know and I will send it again :)

And yes you are correct on all the other details. Just remember the 5-7 T is just a guideline you can put less or more according to what you think is needed for a family meal's worth.

Back
Top Bottom