Worcestershire sauce: how long does it last?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We buy the stuff at Costco, two large bottles together is the way they usually sell them.

Doesn't last all that long.

Find it a great ingredient in many recipes, just often have to keep it under what I call the taste bud level (the point where one can actually figure out what gives it a bit of a zip).

Will even add a bit on top of a grilled cheese sandwich (yes, it is getting close to Welsh rarebit that way).

Have found abandoned bottles in the pantry. Never worried about them. Yes I know they find bacteria miles down in the ocean next to lava outpourings, and almost everywhere else. There are even those who suggest life on terra frima may have come from bacteria on meteors, those miocrobes can live anywhere. But I doubt there are any that have morphed to live in W sauce.

Only one question, who in the heck puts out Worcestershire sauce in gallon jugs? (Maybe restaurants have them, heck if I know).

Happy new year.

Since you have so much of it, a phone call to the Worcestshire people might be in order. Personally I think it keeps for quite a while, but since you've got quit a bit why not call them?

expiration dates...

One last question about this expiration thing on Worchestire Sauce... This is true even though it contains anchovies (once you have opened it)? Sorry to be crazy, but just wondering.

One last question about this expiration thing on Worchestire Sauce... This is true even though it contains anchovies (once you have opened it)? Sorry to be crazy, but just wondering.

Wow - you picked this one out of the bowels of DC :LOL:

Yes, even though it contains anchovies, it keeps QUITE a long time! There is a code on the bottle and for the life of me I can't remember what that code is called......it is really aggravating! If you call the company they will tell you how to decipher the code.

Wow - you picked this one out of the bowels of DC :LOL:

Yes, even though it contains anchovies, it keeps QUITE a long time! There is a code on the bottle and for the life of me I can't remember what that code is called......it is really aggravating! If you call the company they will tell you how to decipher the code.
Production Code. I call in on a lot of things and that's what they always ask for.

Thank you!

So glad I found this site - lots of good info for a newbie like me.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom