A question about fresh peas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jusnikki

Head Chef
Someone gave me a giant bag of fresh purple hull peas. I've had them in the fridge for the past few days...I haven't had time to bag them up to freeze. How long will they keep in the fridge??

I find that they are fine if kept for no more than 2 weeks but I would use them as soon as possible. The fresher peas are the better they taste so make the time if you can to use them.

I find that they are fine if kept for no more than 2 weeks but I would use them as soon as possible. The fresher peas are the better they taste so make the time if you can to use them.

Yes they are so good when they're fresh.. thanks lots!:chef:

fresh peas are a wonderful bag of summer treats! they are perishable, and will continue to lose their nutrients until they are safely on your table or freezer, jus. better sooner rather than later for this bag of goodies. don't forget to shell some--the smaller, younger ones-- for snacking. they are so sweet and delicious that way.... :)

It also depends on your fridge. My friends have this new style one, it keeps vegies twice as long as mine fridge, if not longer.

Back
Top Bottom