American food shopping?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nicklord1

Senior Cook
Hi i will be in barbados in a few weeks for about a month and they sell carribbean , english and north american products. I was jsut wondering whilst i was there i would try some american products.

What is the best cereal which a good source of soluble and insoluble fibre and what nut /fruit bars for snacking are the best for you ?

Cheers for your help

Plain shredded wheat is good, Cheerios is good too, or Grape Nuts. You can also usually find these in bar form as well along with Special K bars.
Those are just a few.... check it out when you get there I think you will find plenty of variety to chose from.

What makes you think anything America specifically offers cereal-wise is in any way good or better for you than anywhere else?

Maybe it's just the novelty of trying something he can't get back home?
I donno.... didn't we have a thread about grocery shopping while on vacation?? LOL.

I'll second Cheerios, Shredded Wheat, and Grape Nuts as American products. I have at least one of those in my pantry at all times.
I like a simple oats and honey granola bar. But don't have those on a regular basis, would rather make a good oatmeal cookie myself.

i will check out the stores website later and give you some products you can give me ur opinions on.

I love prune juice due to its anti oxidant , whats the best one in the states.

Cheers

Well, I can't comment on "the best" prune juice, since I've never done a taste comparison, but by far the most popular brand is "SunSweet".

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom