"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Pasta, Rice, Beans, Grains...
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 05-30-2008, 04:59 PM   #1
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: E. Pa.
Posts: 8,281
Talking Angel Hair with artichoke, tomatoes, garlic

I don't know if it is original or not but this is what I made today.

Angel Hair pasta
fresh tomatoes -diced
Jar of marinated artichoke
3 cloves of garlic -minced
Olive oil
salt and pepper
Parm. Reggiano cheese
drain and reserve the liquid of artichoke hearts. Cut up hearts into smaller pieces. Dice tomatoes , mince garlic...

In a skillet, with about a tablespoon of Olive oil, heat up artichoke hearts, then pour in the reserved liquid from jar. Add the garlic and tomatoes, heat til softened. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Cook the Angel Hair pasta til done about 2 min. drain and put in a big bowl or pasta bowl, add the ingredients from the skillet and mix together. Add the cheese .

Hubby liked it a lot, had 3 helpings

__________________

__________________
LadyCook61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 05:25 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire
 
pdswife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Washington
Posts: 20,308
Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
sounds great! I may be on my own for dinner Saturday. This would be wonderful.
__________________

__________________
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. Robert Frost
pdswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 05:29 PM   #3
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: E. Pa.
Posts: 8,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdswife View Post
sounds great! I may be on my own for dinner Saturday. This would be wonderful.
thanks ! You can add any other veggies like mushrooms or something green like brocoli or whatever. If I had broc on hand I would have used that as well.
__________________
LadyCook61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 05:32 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire
 
pdswife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Washington
Posts: 20,308
Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
Mushrooms sound good!
__________________
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. Robert Frost
pdswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 07:38 PM   #5
Chef Extraordinaire
 
kadesma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: california
Posts: 21,373
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdswife View Post
Mushrooms sound good!
Trish,
if you like them add a pinch or so of red pepper flakes..
I'm not a HOT Hot fan so i just use several pinches, added to the evoo, and garlic and it's yummy

kades
__________________
HEAVEN is Cade, Ethan,Carson, and Olivia,Alyssa,Gianna
kadesma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 07:41 PM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire
 
pdswife's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Washington
Posts: 20,308
Send a message via AIM to pdswife Send a message via MSN to pdswife Send a message via Yahoo to pdswife
oh yeah! Kadesma, I will do that!
__________________
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on. Robert Frost
pdswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 10:03 PM   #7
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: E. Pa.
Posts: 8,281
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadesma View Post
Trish,
if you like them add a pinch or so of red pepper flakes..
I'm not a HOT Hot fan so i just use several pinches, added to the evoo, and garlic and it's yummy

kades
I was going to add some sweet red pepper flakes and I forgot. I am going to add them when I warm up the leftovers tomorrow. The one I have is not hot red pepper.
__________________
LadyCook61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 11:40 PM   #8
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Metro New York
Posts: 8,764
Send a message via Yahoo to ChefJune
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCook61 View Post
I don't know if it is original or not but this is what I made today.

Angel Hair pasta
fresh tomatoes -diced
Jar of marinated artichoke
3 cloves of garlic -minced
Olive oil
salt and pepper
Parm. Reggiano cheese
drain and reserve the liquid of artichoke hearts. Cut up hearts into smaller pieces. Dice tomatoes , mince garlic...

In a skillet, with about a tablespoon of Olive oil, heat up artichoke hearts, then pour in the reserved liquid from jar. Add the garlic and tomatoes, heat til softened. Add salt and pepper to taste.

Cook the Angel Hair pasta til done about 2 min. drain and put in a big bowl or pasta bowl, add the ingredients from the skillet and mix together. Add the cheese .

Hubby liked it a lot, had 3 helpings
OMG! that sounds so good! when I saw this thread topic it made me hungry!
__________________
Wine is the food that completes the meal.
ChefJune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 11:53 PM   #9
Master Chef
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: E. Pa.
Posts: 8,281
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChefJune View Post
OMG! that sounds so good! when I saw this thread topic it made me hungry!
thank you ChefJune !
__________________

__________________
LadyCook61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
None

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Discuss Cooking on Facebook

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.