"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Pasta, Rice, Beans, Grains...

Old 09-17-2008, 01:30 PM   #1
Head Chef

Asparagus/Prosciutto/Mascarpone Lasagna Roll-Ups- Ideas

Saw this recipe for Individual lasagna roll-ups, & think it has possibilities for a dinner party dish -- but, wanted to make a few changes. Here are my ideas, & would appreciate feedback & input.

Williams-Sonoma | Recipe

I would like to use cooked lasagna noodles, one per serving. Next, would like to spread a ricotta/mascarpone/cheese mixture (about 2 tbls) onto each noodles, then place blanched asparagus spears (horizontally) across the noodle & roll up.

Rather than wrap the prosciutto around the outside of the roll-up (noodle) & bake, thinking of wrapping the prosciutto around the asparagus inside the roll-up, & baking with a white sauce (bechamel) - as I think baking w/o a sauce the noodle will be dry/rubbery. Or, I could ladle the sauce over the baked roll-ups. Any thoughts? TIA

Old 09-17-2008, 08:14 PM   #2
Everymom

Well first of all DROOL!! OK, back to the questions. I agree with putting the prosciutto on the inside around the asparagus and second, what about a bearnaise or hollandaise? I think a butter sauce rather than a bechamel would work well with the asparagus.

Old 09-18-2008, 02:31 PM   #3
Head Chef

Thanks, Alix. Appreciate your input & understanding where i was going with the recipe. Somehow, a dry noodle, left me cold. Since I wont be adding the sauteed onion mixture, a sauce I have in mind is - Chive Cream sauce w Parmesan (from this chicken manicotti recipe).

Chicken Manicotti with Chive Cream Sauce Recipe
Old 09-18-2008, 06:17 PM   #4
Everymom

Sounds like a winner to me. When are you making these? I'll head out for your place asap!
Old 09-19-2008, 12:43 PM   #5
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alix View Post
Sounds like a winner to me. When are you making these? I'll head out for your place asap!
What time will you be here? I'll be the one holding a tray of lasagna at LAX. Will you save me a slice of Upside-Down Apple Cake (with Vanilla Ice Cream)?
Old 09-19-2008, 02:01 PM   #6
Executive Chef

Looks good. I think the proscuitto is supposed to add a crispy texture to the dish. I guess I would make it......try to make it as the recipe is. Then modify it. Either way, thanks for posting it.
Old 09-19-2008, 08:07 PM   #7
Head Chef

My pleasure.
Old 09-20-2008, 01:07 PM   #8
Everymom

Quote:
Originally Posted by *amy* View Post
What time will you be here? I'll be the one holding a tray of lasagna at LAX. Will you save me a slice of Upside-Down Apple Cake (with Vanilla Ice Cream)?
I'll bring it with me. (I'll get the ice cream there though, it doesn't travel well.)

Tags
None