Baked Beans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
Waht can you do with a supply of 2/3 cup pure, freshly made maple syrup? First, you make the best blueberry pancakes that you can make. Serve with bacon and maple syrup. Then take some black beans, the remaining maple syrup, and onion, and a half-pound of bacon. Make baked beans. That will stretch that great maple flavor just a while longer.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Waht can you do with a supply of 2/3 cup pure, freshly made maple syrup? First, you make the best blueberry pancakes that you can make. Serve with bacon and maple syrup. Then take some black beans, the remaining maple syrup, and onion, and a half-pound of bacon. Make baked beans. That will stretch that great maple flavor just a while longer.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

In my part of the country it would be Navy beans or Great Northern ones. :yum:

Normally, in my part of the country, it would be navy beans, or great nothern beans as well. But that's not what was in my pantry. It's all a moot point now anyway. While my beans were cooking, I got a call from a lady who needed a ride to the hospital as her asthma is giving her a bad time. I left, with my wife upstairs. I forgot to turn off the beans. I got home to find that my wife turned them off for me, after she smelled them scorching. My beans are ruined, and I'm quite disappointed, mostly, because I was dumb enough to leave the house without checking the stove, which in better than thirty years living in this house, is the first time I've done that particular trick, but also because I wasted the little bit of really good maple syrup that I had, half a pound of bacon, and the beans. Mostly, I'm miffed because I was really looking forward to those beans. Preliminary taste tests showed great promise.

Ah well, there will be other batches of beans, just not today.:(

Seeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Back
Top Bottom