Baked Macaroni & Cheese

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OutRIAAage....
I don't mean to be rude, but seriously...using a meat grinder for the cheese and adding "bright orange food dye"...?

Here's the NYTimes recipe you referred to. You've adapted it quite a bit.

Creamy Macaroni and Cheese Recipe - NYT Cooking

As I said...I really don't mean to offend...but do you ever have any just run-of-the-mill daily dinners that you'd care to share? Is this how you eat daily? Most, if not all, of us would not buy and add artificial orange food dye, or use a meat grinder for cheese. We're only talking mac and cheese here. :huh::ermm:

I disagree: you obviously DO mean to be rude. As did the person earlier today who wrote something like: "I, I, me, me - do you ever get over yourself?" in response to a very easy lemon curd recipe I posted.

Do I ever have run-of-the-mill daily dinners that I care to share? Do you mean like the Mince 'n Champit Tatties and Bashed Neeps I posted yesterday, which is close to the easiest recipe in the world? Did I miss some site requirement that I have to be a fan of Rachel Ray and her yummo can-openers? Or did you mean a simple, everyday recipe like the mac 'n cheese I just posted? It takes fifteen minutes to prep, can be kept oven-ready for days, which makes you look like some leisurely Martha-Stewart-genius. The meat grinder was already out, and worked great for grating the cheese, and I came up with the food-dye trick when my Canadian great-cousins started out dubious before inhaling it. For some reason those simple tips offend your sensibilities.

That said, I do not think that this public forum is an appropriate venue for hostile comments and personal attacks. If that is what you want to do, please message me privately. I've only been here a month, but the word "clique" keeps bubbling up into my mind. This indeed may be the wrong forum for me, but I'm not yet convinced.

I enjoy cooking, and sharing and learning techniques and recipes, is all. I ask once again for you to restrict personal attacks to the available private channel.

...and adding "bright orange food dye"...?

Here's the NYTimes recipe you referred to. You've adapted it quite a bit.

...use a meat grinder for cheese. We're only talking mac and cheese here...
Cheryl, I took the food dye comment as a silly throw-away comment. After all, outRIAAge is Scottish...dry humour and all that rot. ;) Also, as far as I can tell, the recipe isn't so much "adapted" as it has been doubled. The choice of a meat grinder to "grate" cheese is, um, interesting...but not much different than using a more acceptable appliance like a food processor. I say whatever floats your boat...or grinds your cheese.

...Do I ever have run-of-the-mill daily dinners that I care to share? Do you mean like the Mince 'n Champit Tatties and Bashed Neeps...
'Fess up, out-, all that recipe amounts to is a deconstructed version of a Cottage Pie. And now I have a taste for one...:yum:

PS - Although I've save a number of NYT recipes over the years, I've never noticed this one. I'm glad you posted it and Cheryl posted the NYT link, otherwise I might have never paid attention. I now have it saved in my NYT recipe box, to be made at a later time when running the oven isn't a crazy idea. While your daytime highs are in the 70s, our nighttime low will be 70. Crazy hot to be running the oven.

Cheryl'Fess up, out-, all that recipe amounts to is a deconstructed version of a Cottage Pie. And now I have a taste for one...:yum:

No: it's the sloppy-joe version, But now you've set me the task of first finding out if anyone has posted Keith Richards' recipe for Shepherd's Pie, and if not I'll post it. It's from his autobiography, and his killer-trick is to use both sauteed onions and raw onions while assembling. His recipe easily beats the one from the Cooking Institute of America (CIA), and that is not the first time Keith Richards has run rings around an outfit called the CIA.

Back
Top Bottom