Baked Peach Oatmeal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JMediger

Head Chef
So I got it together enough this afternoon to make this Baked Peach Oatmeal ... Baked Peach Almond Oatmeal | Baked Oatmeal Recipe | Two Peas & Their Pod . I like that it's something that I could put together, bake off, and then will have available to reheat each morning for breakfast this week.

I changed a few things ...
1. I mixed everything in a large bowl before I dumped into the pan.
2. I mixed the chopped peaches into everything before going into the pan.
3. I pulled it out right at the 40 minute mark knowing it could go another 10 to get the nice, brown top they recommend. My thought was that I don't want it to get overly dry when I reheat it each morning.

It turned out pretty well. It was quick and easy to mix up which is what I need right now. I have mixed feelings on the almond extract. I might leave it out next time. The chopped almonds and almond milk may give it enough almond flavor.

Enjoy! :)

I kept thinking of the different fruits it would work with ... blueberries, cherries, etc. I had another couple bites later in the day and I decided I would leave out the almond extract. It just tasted to "extract'y" for me. I would rather toast the almonds to get more flavor. Let me know what you think!

It's in the toaster oven as we type, I had to use canned peaches and I didn't have almond extract or almonds. I used some pecans I had. It's just starting to smell good.

It tastes wonderful!!! I'm going to separate it for breakfast each day. I have some dried figs, I think I might soak them and try them out in the oatmeal.

This was perfect for breakfast this morning. Started me out just great this morning. Can't wait to change it up in a week.

Last edited:
PF, I did that too. I let it cool and then cut it into squares to portion out for the week. I gave some to my parents since it made 3 squares too many :). The figs sound good!

Jabbur, the dried strawberries sound really good too!

Last edited:
I know this is meant for breakfast and is healthy but I'm just fantasizing how wonderful this would be over vanilla ice cream. OMG!

mmyap ... I love spaghetti for breakfast. Who's to say when we should eat something. :) I think with ice cream is a wonderful idea for my last 2 pieces!

I'm hoping to tackle this one tomorrow. I got some Macintosh apples at the store today and I already have walnuts. I'm hoping to do apple walnut instead of peach almond. I'll let you know if I get it done how it is.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom