Baked Rigatoni Cake - A Stuffed Pasta Dish Recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BettyR

Senior Cook
My two nephews, 10 and 12 years old came to stay with me for a week while their mom was recovering from surgery on her foot. The kids wanted to make something special for their mom for dinner when she came to pick them up. I was searching the net for something to make with kids and found this.

Baked Rigatoni Cake and more delicious recipes, smart cooking tips, and video demonstrations on marthastewart.com

We subbed a jar a Ragu sauce for the tomatoes but other wise followed the recipe. The kids had a ball putting this together and their mom loved it. The kids were so happy with how it turned out and it was very good!!!

img_459445_0_a0eb77adce84fc7f4843d72540ed1078.jpg

img_459445_1_0f45735426d763907e9bec3363adfeb2.jpg

img_459445_2_6ed188deb20876cb33b39616cd8f0179.jpg

Betty R, What a "beautiful" Baked Rigatoni Cake. Thanks for the recipe and the site. Aria

Geez, Betty, I think yours looks better than the professionally photographed one!

That's a fantastic presentation! Terrific idea!

Lee

QSis said:
Geez, Betty, I think yours looks better than the professionally photographed one!

That's a fantastic presentation! Terrific idea!

Lee

Thank you, the boys said the same thing, they thought that ours looked better.

I didn’t measure the cheese, I just put some on and I guess we probably used more cheese than she did and we used a jar of Ragu instead of a can of tomatoes, which made the sauce thicker and more tomato-ey.

Back
Top Bottom